Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamata Dilemma
Round section riveted links using a round rivet and having the ends lapped left over right. The riveted links might be slightly flattened as well. Slightly. The whole links should have a square section. The inner diameter of the links should be under 7mm for the most part. Depending on the diameter of the link the thickness of the wire used will vary anywhere from 0.9mm to 1.2mm or thereabouts. This is a very general description, but should get you in the ballpark.
Great looking gear! Matt Amt hinted above that you guys had some excellent stuff on the horizon. What Roman items are closest to production, and what's the projected timeline for their launch? Just curious.

If the mail items (to stay on topic) are coming from your workshop in MN I guess the shipping is domestic rather than international.

Sorry so many questions!
Franklin Slaton
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Your mother wears caligae!
Just noticed that Steven actually links you on his own page.

"If you are looking to commission more exacting work than what I am able to provide, you may wish to consider the work of Erik D. Schmid. Of the handful of people producing riveted maille in the world today, He is one of the most accurate producers of it."

A ringing endorsement if I ever heard one. By the way, the link to erikdschmid.com seems to be broken. Is there a newer or more accurate one?
Franklin Slaton
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Your mother wears caligae!
Other than the one in my sig, no.