Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conical Caligae Hobnails
Oh no, you're right- I'm actually not sure why they haven't gotten back to me yet, so I've just sent them an email saying exactly that :wink:
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Quote:We're REALLY close- about 82lbs now- another 18 and we're set
Though I have at least 1 lb of Le Prevo hobnails on hand, put me down for 2 lbs of these. What is the price per lb looking to be?
Titus Licinius Neuraleanus
aka Lee Holeva
Conscribe te militem in legionibus, vide mundum, inveni terras externas, cognosce miros peregrinos, eviscera eos.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legiotricesima.org">http://www.legiotricesima.org
OK, sign me up for 2 pounds.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hey, that's your 5000th post Robert! Woah... and thanks for the order Big Grin That makes about 86lbs
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Do you have a tally of who's ordered what so far? I will go back to our group and double check who's buying what, and may spring for more.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Robert's order makes 86lbs- so we just need 14lbs more...
Only 14 lbs? Come on guys (and gals) we are so close. If this falls through I'll be spitting nails.

Roman cone headed hob nails of course. ;-) )
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
As I say, I predict once Matt posts the *actual* price per pound we'll see that final gap close very quickly
Franklin Slaton
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Your mother wears caligae!
Still haven't gotten a reply about the price- time to bug them again...
Matt,
Remember I'll take 2 pounds if you do not already have me counted in.
thanks,
Dirk Behana
Matt, mark me down for 2 pounds also! If the price is good! :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
2lbs for me please, I'm sure I'll be making more boots in the near future. And I'd like to pass them on to Comitatus members.
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.
Okay, I should have a final price shortly- it turns out too that the normal shank length on these is 1.25cm (1/2"), not the 1cm (3/8") I'd thought- that's a plus!
Quote:it turns out too that the normal shank length on these is 1.25cm (1/2"), not the 1cm (3/8") I'd thought- that's a plus!
Ssshhhhhh
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Confusedhock: Huh? A longer shank is bad?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caligae Hobnails Doc 5 2,892 01-24-2009, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Doc
  Finished Caligae using the new hobnails Neuraleanus 3 1,845 03-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Neuraleanus