Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurray!
Hurray! My book on ancient battles and battle narratives is finished! It is a military history of the ancient world, from Assyria to the Catalaunian Fields, in which I have included forty accounts of battle. If everything is according to plan, it will be in the shops by the end of November.

I am very happy that this book is now finished; the last couple of weeks I have been working 13-14 hours/day...
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
CONGRATULATIONS, JONA!!

Remember that you are only a mortal :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Well done!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
VERY GOOD!!!!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Laus 4 U, Jona!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Is it to be in an English translation, or am I confined to browsing pictures? Wink
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
If Jona's willing to consider it, I'm pretty sure I can get it published.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:Is it to be in an English translation, or am I confined to browsing pictures? Wink
I don't know what Jasper can offer, but I am not optimistic. In fact, I am a bit disappointed about the Anglosaxon market.

I have been told several times that the rights of my books had been sold, but the English market appears to be closed to foreign books. My book on Alexander the Great contained something really novel (all the cuneiform evidence) and reportedly, Oxford UP was interested; then the Oliver Stone movie came and people like Paul Cartledge wrote their (rather old-fashioned) books. Without false modesty: my Alexander book is better, but that does not help when you want to get published.

Self-pity aside: this is what happens when you use cuneiform sources for Gaugamela and put them into their context, something not done before, and here is a Babylonian view on Alexander's final days. Enjoy!
Jona Lendering
My website
Oh, never underestimate Jasper! He is quite resourceful, and persuasive as well. I have a feeling he would find a way... Smile

Thanks for the links. It is indeed novel!
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Quote:Oh, never underestimate Jasper! He is quite resourceful, and persuasive as well. I have a feeling he would find a way... Smile
Well, he just sent me a quite convincing private message. England and America, here I come!
Jona Lendering
My website
Bravo!

Optime uale,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]