Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registering / contacting an admin
Hi all!
This is especially for those members who have just registered and those who have emailed the admins for aid.

For the former: if you did not immediately upon registration get the activation email, it may have been stopped by your email provider's spam control. Please check your spam and/or bulk folders. If it is not in there, contact the administrators of this board. They can activate your account for you.

For the latter: if you send an email to the admin address or to me personally FOR THE FIRST TIME, you'll get an immediate return email to confirm that you are not a spammer - those addresses get a lot of it, believe me - please click the link in that email. Check your spam/bulk folders if you did not get it.
I regularly look through the spam to see if there's any legitimate email in there, but it may escape my notice.
Then, if you do not get a reply within 24 - rarely 48 - hours, check your spam/bulk folders and any spam settings.

If all this fails, use the contact form on the main site to contact us and supply an alternative email address where we can reach you.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I'm not sure if all newbies or newly registered will see this message now or at a later date when it goes from the announcements screen. Can you maybe set it so that after a user registers and get a thank you screen, they get to read this stuff? I think it would be most valuable then.
-Christy Beall
It's set as a permanent announcement for all to see. I can check if the thank-you can be updated/altered though.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
avete omnes

I have a question for the moderators.

why if i want attach one photo in one topic for me is impossible??there is one message that tell me that I have only 1mb for send photo..and I used...is normal?

thank
PierPaolo siercovich
Hi!
Yes, everyone has a standard upload limit of 1 Mb total space. The limit per file is 256 kb. You have reached the total limit. I can raise it for you, if you want?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
ave

yes..if you can please reset this..I have some photo to show..

thank you very much

vale
PierPaolo siercovich
Done
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hello,
Thanks for the warm welcome. Are there any tips on creating an avatar to fit the size specs? Most of the pictures I have are over the 6 kb limit. I have tried to shrink and re-fit with no results.
Thanks,
Robbie Phillips / Paetus
Hi Robbie
That shouldn't be too hard. Make sure you save as jpg with some compression on. 75% keeps the quality up and the image size down.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hi Jasper I seem to be having problems logging on to Romanarmy.com. Is seperate registration required for this site? Also when I click on a topic I get an error page " File not found etc"

Would be grateful for a little assistance at your convenience sir.

Thanks heaps!

Richard
Titus
Titus Publius Saturninus
Richard Tonti
Quote:Is seperate registration required for this site?
Yes
Quote:Also when I click on a topic I get an error page " File not found etc"
See the announcement on the main page?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I would like to make a donation to RAT, but don't use paypal and don't understand the languge the form is written in, (Dutch?).

Is there another way to make a donation without using paypal? Thanks!

Maius/ Bill Lund
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
Hi Bill,
No we only use PayPal for donations. Can't accept creditcards or checks, I'm afraid. (well, checks would be possible, but it costs something like 15 euros to cash them...).
The Dutchness of the PayPal page is a PayPal bug that shows the language of the country of the receiver no matter what preference you set.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Thanks Jasper for the info, i'll look into getting a PayPal account.

Maius/Bill Lund
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
HI there jasper i am sorry if this is the wrong form to ask this but i am wordering if it would be possable if you could add some Irish country flages please. ie Cork, Dublin ect,ect
Big Grin
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Contacting the Moderator Team Renatus 28 8,157 05-04-2011, 02:47 AM
Last Post: Macedon
  Admin AT Romanarmy.com Praefectusclassis 0 1,685 04-13-2006, 06:54 AM