Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A postfeminist cartoon - your comments please
Quote:No, no! In order to fit into Dutch culture, you must learn to wear ill fitting jackets and slouch more, like this..

:lol:
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:No, no! In order to fit into Dutch culture, you must learn to wear ill fitting jackets and slouch more, like this...
Today's issue of Folia (University of Amsterdam magazine) has a piece by an author who focuses on the fact that the girl is not dressed according to the latest fashion. What did Van Straaten mean with the girl's retro-look?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
[Image: Afbeelding2.jpg]

You Americans! It's all aboot style, eh? Where do you think you're living, Montreal?
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote:Today's issue of Folia (University of Amsterdam magazine) has a piece by an author who focuses on the fact that the girl is not dressed according to the latest fashion. What did Van Straaten mean with the girl's retro-look?

Oh for pity sake! a) She's dressed like a stereotypical "ho", "chav", "Jersey girl", "hoochiemama", "slut", etc. I think that is pretty clear. b) Van Straaten is a guy and is not expected to be up on the latest collegiate fashions, esp. in a cartoon.
----------
Deb
Sulpicia Lepdinia
Legio XX
[Image: Afbeelding2.jpg]

I'm very insulted: vegans DO NOT eat beavers!
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Yorker cartoon about reenacting Epictetus 20 3,532 09-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Last Post: 66kbm
  Someone please draw this cartoon! jkaler48 9 2,200 10-13-2011, 05:27 AM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  A reenactor cartoon... Graff 2 1,533 01-08-2011, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Graff