Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mosaic exhibition
For anyone who's intrested and in the Suffolk, UK area between the 13th-18th October,10am till 4pm, I'm having an exhibition of some of my mosaic reproductions, at Bury St Edmunds Cathedral in the Cloister Gallery. The pieces cover 1st -5th Century AD and I'll be working on a couple of pieces there so if you come along I can bore you senseless taking you through the research I've done into the techniques used by the Romans.
Lawrence
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com
Hi Lawrence, If I can make it will. If I can't, I'm sure Debs will come and see you. I'll also let Tim and Zane know.
Lawrence: Thank you very much for your post. Another laud for you.

So many beautiful things in life, so little time... Wish I could see your exhibit, hear what you have to say.

Art's in my blood. Started drawing in late 50s, added ceramics in 70s & stone sculpture in 90s, now just started adding painting & mosaics. Much to learn & practice, practice, practice, time permitting. Bought several books (Biggs for methods; Ling for ancient design) to start learning. Tools in next year's budget.

I found several websites, accessible through my Mosaic favs (so far) list: [DELETED].

I'd appreciate your recommendations for good In-Print Roman Mosaic books and websites. Best regards, +r
AMDG
Wm. / *r
Thanks Adrien, I'll have the images of the late Roman female costumes for Debs and if neither of you're able to get there I'll put it in the post. I'll also chuck my mosaic books in the car as well and bring them along for anyone who wants to look through them there, they cover most of the areas of the Roman Empire and the photography are really clear, (they should be most of them cost £100- £150 each!). Restitvtvs, I'll get a list up and send it out to you of the best ones I have, off the top of my head for images, if you don't already know of it try www.bamm.org.uk It's the website of the British Association of Modern Mosaicists and they have a page, 'ancient mosaics' which has links to most of the best sites. Lawrence
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com
Quote:...Restitvtvs, I'll get a list up and send it out to you of the best ones I have, off the top of my head for images, if you don't already know of it try www.bamm.org.uk It's the website of the British Association of Modern Mosaicists and they have a page, 'ancient mosaics' which has links to most of the best sites. Lawrence
Lawrence: Thanks again! +r
AMDG
Wm. / *r
Quote:I'll have the images of the late Roman female costumes for Debs

Many thanks Lawrence! Big Grin