Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperium : Rise of Rome
Hi all,<br>
<br>
Been a while since I last posted here about Imperium; just wanted to alert the game's fans (all three of them) to the Christmas surprise that our artist sprung on me yesterday.<br>
<br>
Here's a small set of [url=http://www.fenrir.dk/imperium/downloads/" target="top]Imperium wallpapers[/url] with character artwork to enjoy while we're waiting for the game.<br>
<br>
If you haven't been there for a while, I suggest updating on the gallery as well.<br>
<br>
Merry Christmas.<br>
<br>
Michael A. <p>Strategy <br>
Designer/Developer <br>
Imperium - Rise of Rome</p><i></i>
Regards,

Michael A./MicaByte
Very interesting paper on the use of Roman missile weapons in battle, as I was reading it reminded me of XVII-XVIII century battle descriptions, in which armies would exchange volleys sometimes for long periods and then, one of the sides showed signs of weakness and the other side advance and drives him from the battlefield by a bayonet charge. <p></p><i></i>
Wow! Nice artwork. I'm SO glad to see you've enlisted a good artist... (I was feeling guilty being one of those 'timewasters' who expressed interest then never came up with the goods!) I did spend a bit of time researching pictures and sketching but just couldn't seem to come up with anything I was happy with. Lots of other projects competing for attention made it difficult too (my first book hits the shelves in January).<br>
<br>
I'm not always a fan of computer graphics but the textures and shading in the artwork look really good. I'm browsing your forum to find out more about the artist - anywhere we can see more of his work?<br>
<br>
cheers<br>
Pictoria <p></p><i></i>
@Aryaman:<br>
Zhmodikov's paper has been out for a while; it basically provides additional underpinning for the theories of Goldsworthy/Sabin on Roman combat.<br>
<br>
@PS:<br>
Don't worry about it. The big problem is not people who express an interest in helping out (as you did); it's when you spend most of the work time for 2-3 weeks on someone, and then finding out that the person can't deliver (which has happened a couple of times).<br>
<br>
He's worked in the gaming industry for some years, though, but the only game that I know for sure he has also done artwork in is [url=http://www.titansofsteel.com" target="top]"Titans of Steel: Warring Suns" (Matrix Games)[/url]; on which game he was also associate producer and did sound effects. He is also producer on [url=http://www.cartelgames.com" target="top]Mythic Blades[/url] for his own publishing company. I don't think he has produced art on that game though.<br>
<br>
He's done a terrific job with the character portraits in Imperium so far (as you can see). One of the neat features I wanted with the portraits that he has managed to meet is that they are composites; which means that although the number of portraits are limited, we can vary them slightly with hair colors/styles, etc. It also means that it has been possible to build in aging effects, so that a young man will have a smooth and unwrinkled face, while the older man will have wrinkles and liver spots. <p>Strategy <br>
Designer/Developer <br>
Imperium - Rise of Rome</p><i></i>
Regards,

Michael A./MicaByte

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Imperium Mini: A Brief History of Rome StrategyM 1 1,483 10-09-2009, 04:29 AM
Last Post: Ioannes_Ahenobarbus
  Imperium: Rise of Rome, Graphics card poll StrategyM 3 2,312 02-25-2002, 01:35 PM
Last Post: StrategyM