Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New vast Worms book
Ave omnes,

Dr. Mathilde Grünewald sent some more information about a very interesting book which soon will be published. It features the Worms Museum collection. (The museum celebrates its 125th anniversary this year).

Hold on your breath. The two volumes will include 2.200 photographs and illustrations, continuous in colour… Confusedhock: Big Grin D D

The full title as known so far (there still is no ISBN but I called the publisher and pre-ordered a copy. They will e-mail the complete data as soon as it will be available):

Mathilde Grünewald - Erwin Hahn
Zwischen Varusschlacht und Völkerwanderung. Die römerzeitlichen Gräberfunde aus Worms und Rheinhessen im Museum der Stadt Worms.

(Roghly translated: Between Varian battle and migration period. The Roman times’ grave finds from Worms and Rhine-Hesse collected/exhibited by the Worms museum.)

744 pages, two volumes in a slipcase, about 2.200 illustrations, EUR 49,90

Publisher (international orders and shipment possible):

Kunstverlag Josef Fink
Lindenberg/Germany
e-mail: [email protected]
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Quote:744 pages, two volumes in a slipcase, about 2.200 illustrations, EUR [size=150:zyhaacpa]49,90[/size]

[Image: shocked.jpg]
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:
Quote:744 pages, two volumes in a slipcase, about 2.200 illustrations, EUR [size=150:d305gprq]49,90[/size]

Ave Jim,

and only Confusedhock: 30 EUR Confusedhock: when directly bought in the museum shop (but they won't ship).

It seems a lot of local businessmen and organizations are sponsoring the book due to the museum's 125th anniversary.

Perhaps someone is interested to visit their new exhibition 'The first Romans in Rhine-Hesse' running from November 11th 2006 until May 30th 2007 ? :wink:

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Excellent! We're planning to visit Worms on the way to Augsburg. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Ave omnes,

here's the ISBN now:

Mathilde Grünewald - Erwin Hahn
Zwischen Varusschlacht und Völkerwanderung
744 pages, two volumes in a slipcase, about 2.200 illustrations
ISBN 3-89870-325-8

EUR 49,90 (or only 48,00 as I've heard now)

Available Mid/End November

Kunstverlag Josef Fink
Lindenberg/Germany
e-mail: [email protected]

Quote:Excellent! We're planning to visit Worms on the way to Augsburg. Big Grin

Hi Jasper,

as I'll be in Augsburg, too, perhaps you or somebody else in the group could bring me a copy for the museum special price of 30.- euros? If you're not too encumbered already, that is ...
I'm sure something can be arranged, Martin, provided the book's already on sale there. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Splendid! Many thanks in advance!
Me too, me too! Big Grin D )
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Could you get me a copy, too. If that's too much now that the whole German bunch wants copies of that it would be no problem for me to transfer the EUR 30 in advance to your account. Just PM or E-Mail me.
Hi all,
Ok. Let's do it this way: if the plan pans out as it was meant to, and the book is available at the museum, I'll buy a copy for everyone who requests one in this thread provided you are at the conference. You can pay me there or become a pariah on RAT forever. 8)
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:I'll buy a copy for everyone who requests one in this thread provided you are at the conference.

DARN!
Yet another reason to bemoan that I can't attend... Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
Jasper Oorthuys:32ow4xh4 Wrote:I'll buy a copy for everyone who requests one in this thread provided you are at the conference.

DARN!
Yet another reason to bemoan that I can't attend... Cry

Indeed Cry
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Hoooray! I´d give my left claw for that new book!
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:I´d give my left claw for that new book!
Just reimburse me for the cost of purchase in euros, thanks. :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys