Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warriors: Legends of Troy
For those of us that want a good western mythology/action/strategy game the wait may be FINALLY over. You can now play as your favorite characters of The Iliad. See the trailer and information below.

[url:2v9jdwf7]http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/09/warriors-legends-of-troy-is-dynasty-warriors-for-people-who-hat/[/url]

There is a better trailer out there but I am unable to find it.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Never mind here is the good one!

[url:3dp57ot9]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-warriors-legends/700355[/url]

It seems to follow in the footsteps of the movie "Troy" with Brad Pitt and Eric Bana and others.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Looks interesting! The last xbox game to feature Greek hoplite style weapons and armor was Spartan Total Warrior, that was several years ago. This one has some 300ish blood spatter etc. and may not be for the younger ones, but I would like to try it myself (still a kid at heart you know) :wink:

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
I was interested in this game until i found it would not be released on pc. Hoplite warfare did not exist during the Trojan war, provided the war happened. Phalanx like formations were used in Mesopatamia a long time before classical or archaic greece. well supposedly since it has been found depicted in sculpture.
Mashiach Ben-Yohanan
Van Wees convincingly argues that there is evidence of phalanx-like fighting in the Iliad. It isn't as structured as Classical hoplite warfare but all the elements seem to be there.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books