Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome Total War Demo out on Monday 08/23
I played the battle as the Romans at very hard difficulty.<br>
<br>
First thing to do is to fall back your Velites so they won't die under the rain of arrows. Then divide your forces like this: send 2 Triarii and 1 Equites against the hiding heavy cavalry and do the same against the barbarian and the Numidian cavalry.<br>
<br>
In my case I managed to slaughter the Numidians and the barbarians, but took some heavy losses on the right wing. My men killed the other hvy. cav. group and some half of the other. While Triarii were fighting, Carth. sent some Poeni and skirmishers against the ones who were fighting hvy cav. but I was able to pepper them heavily with my own skirmishers. Then I advanced with the core of my army and attacked against the rest of the enemy and trying to scare off the beasts with my Velites. It didn't quite go like in the battle of Zama as my Velites took flight, but I didn't mind because the elephants went after them. The beasts weren't bothering me anylonger so I had a nice chance to surround the Carthaginians and hack them till the last man. After that I had probably 4-6 Hastati/Principes units (all nearly full) left. Next I lured the war tanks to open ground with my general and threw some vollies of pila and head for close combat. The animals were quickly shocked and they fled. I led my men and general after them slaying most, but sadly my brave general fell also.<br>
<br>
Anyway as you have most probably found out: the key factor is to take care of the elephants. Lure them away or try to scare them off. <p>Motius</p><i></i>
T. Lankila

Fennis mira feritas, foeda paupertas: non arma, non equi, non penates; victui herba, vestitui pelles, cubile humus: solae in sagittis spes, quas inopia ferri ossibus asperant.
Tacitus, Germania 46
It took me all day to defeat the Carthaginians..but here is what I did.<br>
<br>
I pulled all of my forces very close to the river and waited (also to be out of range of their Archers). The AI then moved all its forces to meet in the center (timed script?) moved left and repositioned. I thought it would be nice to position in the high ground that the Carthiginians started out so I moved my forces there and positioned facing them. They repositioned where the we as the Romans were positioned when the battle began, but there was no trouble of ambush as they had collected their forces. I then began to march my whole army to meet them head on. When the elephants stomped into the fray, I set my units into loose formation, and sent my equites to do what it could to the elephants. The elephants got scared off, and I pulled two Triarii from the back to flank their Sacred Band Calvary fighting my Principes and Hastatus. They collapsed and I chased the routed the with my Equites. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=valmar215@romanarmytalk>Valmar215</A> at: 8/25/04 10:39 am<br></i>
.....or simply pull all of your units back behind the river quickly and put them into combat formation, facing the Carths. If they are smart enough (and usually they are) they won't attack. Roman army saved, Hannibals plan failed. Tactical draw, but strategic victory for Romans! LOL! Sorry, couldn't resist!<br>
<br>
I'm counting the days to the release! <p></p><i></i>
Hi,<br>
can anyone tell me about the actual REAL (smooth working) sys requirements for RTW?<br>
I wonder if it will run on my 2,6 Ghz Celeron with 512 RAM and 128 ATI Radeon 9200.<br>
Thanks! <p></p><i></i>
...perhaps you won't be able to max the options out w/ your rig - but you can play - no issues there.<br>
<br>
Try the demo and see.<br>
<br>
Barkhorn. <p></p><i></i>
P1.4 1G RAM 64MBGeforceMX<br>
Ran fine unless I zoomed in extremely close with all options on. <p></p><i></i>
I'm running the demo on a P2.1 512 RAm Radeon 9800 pro 9128mb) at 1600x1200 with most everything turned up to highest levels and it looks and runs great.<br>
<br>
Los <p></p><i></i>
Los

aka Carlos Lourenco

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,252 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,905 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 90,793 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67