Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Action Ben-Hur
Perhaps this belongs in "Off Topic" but this seemed the best place for the following from this morning's LA Times...

Will Ben-Hur On Ice Be Next?

"Ben-Hur," the sword-and-sandal epic in which Charlton Heston swept to victory after cinema's most famous chariot race, is preparing to ride again, in a live version in France's main soccer stadium.

The spectacle, mounted by veteran impresario Robert Hossein, will be biblical in scale, with a cast of hundreds re-creating a battle at sea, gladiatorial combat in ancient Rome and a live chariot race in the 17,940-square-yard arena. It is expected to fill Stade de France for five nights, beginning Friday.

Jean Christophe Giletta, of Stade de France Productions, said negotiations are underway to take the show elsewhere, including to the United States.

Confusedhock: :? shock:

I wonder what the armor will look like...

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
:o o o
- why did nobody ask me when they were looking for charioteers??? Or somebody to sail a Roman ship???
Christoph Rummel
Because Ben-Hur must die for the evil of spreading the myth of slave rowers!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Details....who cares about those (apart from, of course, just about everyone on this board!) I'd still love to row a trireme through the stade de france...even as a slave (I wonder how on earth they are going to do that? Cardboard ships?)

C.
Christoph Rummel