Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Strength and Honour"
www.ezgame.com/SNH/<br>
<br>
There's a demo available now, but I don't think my machine can handle it... looks like a broader world-scope than a lot of historical games, anyhow. <p></p><i></i>
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
looks like a more worldwide version of Rome: Total war.<br>
<br>
think i´ll try the demo. <p>Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the ark<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Ave!<br>
<br>
Tried the demo...very very buggy. This one has promise, but it crashed frequently on my machine (p4, 1.8 ghz, 756mb rhambus memory, geforce 3 card, win2k, etc), and some of things it was supposed to do, I just couldn't figure out how to do with the downloadable instructions.<br>
<br>
Great concept though. Hope it gets polished up a bit soon!<br>
<br>
Britannicus <p></p><i></i>
looks like they just put a patch for this on thier website<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Animals die, friends die, and I shall die, but one thing never dies, and that is the reputation we leave behind after our death.
No man loses Honour who had any in the first place. - Syrus
Octavianvs ( Johnn C. ) MODERATOR ROMAN ARMY TALK
Click for Rule for Posting [url:3135udah]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
...but I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow so won't get it until I return. Can anyone post comments/opinions in the meantime?<br>
<br>
Barkhorn.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
I can give it a shot with the patch and let you know - Octavianvs <p></p><i></i>
Animals die, friends die, and I shall die, but one thing never dies, and that is the reputation we leave behind after our death.
No man loses Honour who had any in the first place. - Syrus
Octavianvs ( Johnn C. ) MODERATOR ROMAN ARMY TALK
Click for Rule for Posting [url:3135udah]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
So what is it like? Tried to download it a couple of times, but have given up on it. <p>Strategy <br>
Designer/Developer <br>
Imperium - Rise of Rome</p><i></i>
Regards,

Michael A./MicaByte
...patched it and fired up a battle - some hypothetical affair w/ Octavius vs. Antony outside Alexandria (I don't believe they fought a pitched land battle against each other, did they?).<br>
<br>
Anyway, the word that came to mind when viewing this battle was...ANTS! That's right - it looked like someone stepped on an ant-hill. I could barely distinguish between horse and foot - let alone different unit types. Antony's forces were some vague color of green and Octavious was kind of maroon. Giving orders didn't seem to make much sense as the AI (was there any?) just seemed to go it's own way.<br>
<br>
I didn't much enjoy Legion because you didn't have any control over units once the battle started - but this was even worse.<br>
<br>
BTW, the battle took forever to load, telling me that optimization was not on the To Do List.<br>
<br>
I didn't even have the heart to try the campaign.<br>
<br>
Overall = I'm back to waiting for the R:TW demo.<br>
<br>
Barkhorn. <p></p><i></i>