Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pax Romana Released
Who would want to put out a new Roman game these days, with ravening critics like us lying in wait?<br>
<br>
EU, even EU2, is an incredibly hard game to play well, and as for the obtuse manual... ugh. It can't be any more aggravating than ChampMan 4, though.<br>
<br>
I might give Pox Romana a try, just to support the Roman gaming genre. You know, if we don't support these games, they won't make them, good or bad. The support forums are the best means to express need for improvements, not boycotts, IMO.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
it's actually a really fun game. it's frustrating at first, b/c u have little idea what's going on without the use of a good manual, but once u get in the swing of things, it's a fun game to play. definately worth buying, and not just to support the genre. it's cheap too, as far as pc games go. i've just invaded africa under the command of claudius marcellus - hopefully i'll take carthage b4 the next consular elections, i don't want some other guy to get my victory <p></p><i></i>
I ordered Pax Romana and will post some feedback here. It can't be <em>that</em> complex or arcane, not for those who've mastered EU2, Hearts of Iron (yech) or the recently released Victoria.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
This game taught me (again!) to wait and READ reviews before I shell out my money.<br>
<br>
<p>'but then, what do I know."</p><i></i>
Pax Romana is not that bad. I guess the "time is running out" aspects annoy me the most, but it could be worse. Takes some practice and patience. The manual is fairly worthless.<br>
<br>
I think everyone's pinning their hopes on our member StrategyM's IMPERIUM...<br>
<br>
Jenny <p><br>
--------------------<br>
<br>
"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they are realities, and are often even more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are."<br>
-- Niccoló Machiavelli, <em>The Discourses</em>, 1517. </p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

There are 2 available and they fix a bunch of stuff. Although - at least for me - this game is not my cup of tea.<br>
<br>
Barkhorn. <p></p><i></i>
I loved Avalon Hill's old boardgame, Republic of Rome, which shares a lot of characteristics with Pax Romana, so that's why I had high hopes for it.<br>
<br>
I haven't got the patches yet, but now that you mention it, I'll have to try those. Thanks.<br>
<br>
Jenny <p><br>
--------------------<br>
<br>
"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they are realities, and are often even more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are."<br>
Cheers,
Jenny

I never got ROR - but I do have Seige of Jerusalem - which is like and ancient version of ASL.<br>
<br>
This is why I am really looking forward to R:TW. I am sure that the talented group of modders at the .ORG site will take the release version and turn it into a VERY historically accurate piece of work. <p></p><i></i>
Well, man, when they do, let us know here, so we can download the "historically correct" mod...<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
Jenny <p><br>
--------------------<br>
<br>
Cheers,
Jenny

...I'll keep you posted on the latest.<br>
<br>
Barkhorn. <p></p><i></i>
ok so I am almost a month behind but I also have Siege of Jerusalem and have had saige of Alesia ( I actually ended up with 2 copies of Alesia ) and conquest of gaul ( which I never got to play ) - Octavianvs <p></p><i></i>
Animals die, friends die, and I shall die, but one thing never dies, and that is the reputation we leave behind after our death.
No man loses Honour who had any in the first place. - Syrus
Octavianvs ( Johnn C. ) MODERATOR ROMAN ARMY TALK
Click for Rule for Posting [url:3135udah]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]