Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spartan
Hi guys,<br>
<br>
I just thought you might be interested to know about our game that has just gone gold and is heading to the shop. The UK release is 21st March and other countries will follow soon afterwards.<br>
<br>
Spartan is a turn based empire building strategy game set in anceint Greece. The reason it might appeal to you guys is that it also includes Roman expeditions and although you cannot control these off map invasions in the historical game, you can choose to play as the romans in the alternative history settings. You can fight battles with thousands of Hastati & Triarii - check out the screenshots on our website for more info.<br>
<br>
Features<br>
* Engrossing turn based strategy that builds on the success of Legion & Chariots of War<br>
* New & beautifully hand-crafted 3D rendered campaign map<br>
* Upgraded to fully 3D battles with free zoom and rotatable camera<br>
* Optional 2D battles for low spec machines<br>
* Innovative "Always Active" 2 player multiplayer over LAN & Internet via Gamespy<br>
* Use ships to travel from island to island, fight naval battles & perform naval invasions.<br>
* Siege castles and assault them when they are weakened<br>
* Build city walls armed with catapults and hurl Greek fire onto your enemies, scorching the earth and killing anyone in their path<br>
* Huge battles allowing twice as many squads as before (up to 16 per side) on battlefields 4 times the size<br>
* Enhanced diplomacy options, trade agreements, tributes, spying sabotage & more<br>
* Over 100 different nations on a huge campaign map that spans Greece and the ancient near east<br>
* Loads of great new Greek & Persian units with hundreds of animations<br>
* New resources, technologies, nations, leaders, units, structures, events, barbarians & more<br>
* Mission objectives, historic events & capital cities<br>
* Epic structures such as the Acropolis, Oracle & the Colossus<br>
<br>
We're off to San Diego in a week for the finals of the Independent Games Festival where Spartan is one of the 10 finalists. I think Spartan is just the sort of game that would appeal to you guys, but I'm sure you'll let me know if I'm wrong<br>
<br>
For more information visit www.slitherine.co.uk/spartan/spartan.htm<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Hi Iain,<br>
<br>
Welcome back -- many of us bought Legion, and I'm sure we'll look forward to Spartan as well.<br>
<br>
Guys-- need to support efforts like this. Marketing types at game companies won't support new ancient/Roman period games unless there's a demonstrated demand for them, and that means buying the Roman games that do come out.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
If you like Legion, you'll love Spartan, it is light years ahead. We learned a lot from Legion & Charots of War and put all that experience into creating Spartan. Spartan looks and plays much better and we already have a plan for the future and I think you might be pleased with what you see when we announce it<br>
<br>
I can't say any more for now or I'd have to do something unspeakable to you!<br>
<br>
Spartan hits the streets in the UK next week and we have a deal signed for the US which should be annoucned any day now. Most other countries are also signed up and you can expect Spartan there in the next month or two. <p></p><i></i>
Hi Iain<br>
I followed the development of Legion from the very start, and bought the game, but frankly I was rather disappointed. I will probably give a try to Spartan, as it has already multiplayer. BTW I was wondering, would be horse archers in the game? and if so, would them be able to use hit and run tactics in the limited space of the battlefield screen, or would they be finally cornered by enemy infantry? (I hope not) <p></p><i></i>
I got this game and i think it's something good to wait for Rome total war.Game is good.Sorry for my English <p></p><i></i>
There is a demo available where you can check out some of the units avaialble.<br>
<br>
www.warcry.com/scripts/co...colid=3588<br>
<br>
Horse archers do appear but we have had to abstract their behaviour to make them work historically. Although in agme it looks like they are fighting it all out hand to hand, the model actually simulates teh light cavalry backing off and heavy infantry have a hard time killing them. <p></p><i></i>