Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
54mm Figure Selection
Another good miniatures website is www.michtoy.com . They have just about everything. <p>------<br>
<span style="color:green;font-size:x-small;">"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory." General George S. Patton.</span></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=peachycarnehan>Peachy Carnehan</A> at: 4/7/04 3:54 pm<br></i>
I'm a big fan of Alpha Miniatures' Romans.<br>
<br>
bro8684s1.bach.2day.com/<br>
<br>
They have Gladiators, Imperial Romans, Auxiliaries, Germans, and<br>
Jews. They're sold unpainted, so if you don't mind painting them yourselves, they're a really good deal.<br>
<br>
I put photos of the 2 figures I painted on my wensite:<br>
www.redrampant.com/games/...llery.html<br>
<br>
-Andy<br>
<p></p><i></i>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redrampant.com">www.redrampant.com
Greetings All.<br>
<br>
Have any of you looked at the figures being done by Conte Collectibles out of Las Vegas, and if so what are your thoughts?<br>
<br>
They seem well done, though not cheap by any means. However, they do have plans to release a line of Romans in plastic which should bring them into the budget range of most.<br>
<br>
Narukami <p></p><i></i>
Hi Narukami,<br>
I don't think I've heard of that brand. Have a link? <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Aloha Jasper!<br>
<br>
Conte is a new company (first items released in 1999) producing figures and play sets tied in with various films (Zulu, The Longest Day, Beau Geste, the Vikings etc. etc. etc.). they have a new series of figures from the film Spartacus, though the Romans, as in the film, are Imperial not Republican. So far all of the figures are metal, but Conte has started work on plastic figures which, if their current price structure holds, should be very affordable.<br>
<br>
Web site:&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp www.conteco.com<br>
<br>
I'll be interested to know what you think.<br>
<br>
Narukami<br>
<p></p><i></i>
They seem to be fairly good figs, considering they're one-part plastic. Better than most of that kind, nicely posed too. Still, considering the price of individual figures is about as much as an Andrea, El Viejo or Pegaso figure, I'd still go with those brands. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
they look nice, but i go also go for Pegaso, andrea etc. <p>Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the ark<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Jasper (or any other),<br>
<br>
how detailed are the miniatures from El Viejo Dragon?, are they compareble to Andrea and Pegaso? I saw at [url=http://www.zinnfigur.com" target="top]www.zinnfigur.com[/url] that they are cheaper then pegaso and andrea. <p>Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the ark<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
They're cheaper for a reason, smaller than Pegaso (but they're always big). I'd prefer them to Andrea who do not always seem to care much about historical correctness. They're certainly worth their money and lots of choice too! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
After some searching i´ve finally found several miniatures of cavalry in parade-armour in 54mm!!!:<br>
<br>
[url=http://www.krauthauser.com/" target="top]www.krauthauser.com/[/url]<br>
<br>
select "katalog", "54mm", "Römer"<br>
<br>
not to bad<br>
<br>
If someone knows other compagnies who sell Roman cavalry in parade-armour (54mm or higher), i´m interested!<br>
<br>
<p>Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the ark<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. (Magister Militium and Candidatus)

[url:2lkkm5u7]http://www.pegasomodels.com/view_en.asp?cat=01&page=5[/url]
The excellent Yuri Serebriakov chose to follow the sculptural evidence for the leather (??) cuirass --the dyptich of Honorius-- of the magister militium and for the helmet of the candidatus which seems based on a sarcopahgus, very well known, whose name I can't remember.
So, I do't know about accuracy but these figures are magnificent.
Pascal Sabas
I also really like the miniatures of Pegaso - i´m still working on the Heian period samurai of theirs.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting