Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jewish Zealots.......
I'm trying to get some Romans (in 28mm, no problem there) and some Jewish Zealots for a Jewish War game I want to set up. Like I said, there are more than enough Romans to pick from, but I can't seem to find anything that would really work for a Jewish Zealot in 28/25mm scale. I considered using some Dacians from Foundry, the ones with the tunics and trousers, but I don't think trousers were really worn circa 70AD, plus I'm not sure the weapons are exactly right (the falxmen are definitely out!) Also, the figures should have beards, as true Orthodox Jews. Any help would be greatly appreciated. <p></p><i></i>
I don't know of any models specically listed as 1st century Jews, but you could convert soem other figures. Look for unarmorred Greeks, Balearics, Macedonians etc. in tunics and then sculpt on beards with putty. And presumably the revolting Jews would use captured Roman weapons and armor.<br>
<br>
-Andy <p></p><i></i>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redrampant.com">www.redrampant.com
It looks like I'll have to do that. Thanks for your help.<br>
<p></p><i></i>
You could try the Newline Maccabeans: www.newlinedesigns.co.uk/ <p></p><i></i>
If you want to go with a slightly larger scale you could try www.alphaminiatures.co.nz/
They have a few in the line-up

Gary
AKA: Gary

"Don\'t worry about my life, I can look after it. When I let it go, It will be because I have no further use for it."

-Gaius Julius Caesar, "The Grass Crown"