Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GMT Games\' Command & Colors Ancient War
For those interested GMT Games (gmtgames.com) is listing a new P500 Game idea for a series that will focus on warfare in the ancient world. While this alone is not new, what is interesting in this announcement is that they are looking for scenario ideas.<br>
<br>
So, for those of you who have been playing any of a number of war games (board, miniature, card, etc...) but have said "Gee I wish they would do this battle or what if ...) here is a chance to get it included in a game system.<br>
<br>
There are not a lot of details yet (TBA at a later date), but again you may want to keep an eye on this as it moves forward. They say that the initial release will focus on Rome and the Punic Wars, but they hope to cover a wide range of ancient history.<br>
<br>
Just thought the 'Group Mind' would like to know.<br>
<br>
Hail Caesar!<br>
<br>
Narukami <p></p><i></i>
C&C Ancient War is the continued development of Avalon Hill's old game, Battle Cry, by Richard Borg (NOT Berg) for Ancients.<br>
<br>
Battle Cry was a simple, but fast and furious card-driven game system, though at times a little too dictated by the luck of the dice (I shall never forget Pickett's charge as the Union player, where the Graycoats drove all before them). The original BC sold extremely well for a "wargame"; though apparently not enough for Hasbro to keep it. As I recall, Borg has been promoting (and trying to get published) various developments on the systems for years, and has apparently now at last succeeded. Well worth a look.<br>
<br>
<p>Strategy <br>
Designer/Developer <br>
Imperium - Rise of Rome</p><i></i>
Regards,

Michael A./MicaByte