Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pozo Moro (Montefortino)
Hello

Another montefortino is one founded at Pozo Moro and kept at Museo Arqueologico de Albacete (Sudeast Spain). Is very simple, and thin walled:

[Image: 52.jpg]

You can see it have lateral feather holders.

Crono: Late III century BC. It's founded inside a iberian grave.

Informations extracted from Dr. Quesada's Web:

[url:1clcmlr2]http://www.ffil.uam.es/equus[/url]
Great stuff..thanks for sharing
[Image: ebusitanus35sz.jpg]

Daniel
Good helmet picture and thank you for postng
Gaius Germanicus / aka A. Ingoglia
That helmet is quite damaged....battle damage?
Francisco Machado aka M.ilionario

Atheist

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war" - Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote:That helmet is quite damaged....battle damage?

it certainly has seen better days.
Brent Grolla

Please correct me if I am wrong.
I can't get the picture to come up.
Pecunia non olet
That site doesn't seem to work right now.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Interesting feather holders! Could also fit in with an idea for a crest I sketched....
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Strange... AFAIK the site works perfectly... University site, should work! Smile

No, it is not battle damage. Ritually 'killed' while placed on some rigid surface by at least four sword slashing blows with a heavy sword.
BTW Now kept at the Museo Arqueológico Nacional, Madrid.
Hmm, ritually killed, or a demonstration to someone of the weakness of the design compared to a newer model? Being promoted by the sword wielder?
Just a thought...?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Bending of swords, denting of sword blades against rocks or blunt objects, crushing of hemets, hacking at greaves... all these are commontly attested rituals in Iberian burials during the fourth to third centuries BC. Pozo Moro 4 2-F burial is not an exception.
Quote:Bending of swords, denting of sword blades against rocks or blunt objects, crushing of hemets, hacking at greaves... all these are commontly attested rituals in Iberian burials during the fourth to third centuries BC. Pozo Moro 4 2-F burial is not an exception.

OK, just letting my mind wander a little! 8)
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel