Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RATers Won an EMMY!!!
Rome: Engineering An Empire on the The History Channel won an emmy for Outstanding Nonfiction Special!! This program featured RATers from Legio XIV and Legio III including George Metz, Lee Holeva, Quenton who's last name I don't know, and several other people I can't remember at this hour of the AM. Dudicus were you on there?

Congrats guys!!!

Rome the Series on HBO got at least one Emmy for hairstyles but were pretty much squeezed out by the Sopranos. Oh well. Next season.
----------
Deb
Sulpicia Lepdinia
Legio XX
Well done all Big Grin

Quote:Rome the Series on HBO got at least one Emmy for hairstyles but were pretty much squeezed out by the Sopranos. Oh well. Next season.
Rome got the gong for best visual effects, I was talking to a recipient only the other night.
[url:xyh1qkou]http://www.digitmag.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=6041[/url]
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:Rome got the gong for best visual effects, I was talking to a recipient only the other night.

Thanks!! I hadn't gotten down to that part of the list yet. Smile
----------
Deb
Sulpicia Lepdinia
Legio XX
Well done!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Good job lads :wink:
Francisco Machado aka M.ilionario

Atheist

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war" - Napoleon Bonaparte
First, CONGRATULATIONS to Legion XIV and III for their work that won an Emmy.

Sometimes substance wins over style.

Then again...

HBO's Rome actually won four Prime Time Emmy Awards, including Art Direction and Costume Design.

Sometimes style wins out over substance.

Interesting that in the same year awards should be won by shows about ancient Rome that are on different sides of the Historical Accuracy divide.

There is room in Hollywood for everyone. :wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
In my opinion "Sopranos" are much closer in representing the original roman "Virtus" than HBO`s Rome. In Sopranos you can really get a hint how the "client" system must have worked...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
!! Big Grin D !!
Gaius Germanicus / aka A. Ingoglia
Very well done! This almost calls for another award, right? Big Grin
[Image: Emmy%20Award.jpg]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Congrats to all involved!

[off topic]
Great avatar, Gaius Germanicus! Just loved Jay Robinson's Caligula, he was so over the top it's really amusing.
Aka
Christoph
Oops, I forgot the original purpose of my previous post :oops: , CONGRATULATIONS to all involved!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Excuse my ignorance but what is HBO?
A TV channel?

Atheist

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war" - Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote:Excuse my ignorance but what is HBO?
A TV channel?

Home Box Office, one of the more adventurous TV cable channels in the US. They brought us The Sopranos, Deadwood, Band of Brothers, and a plethora of other excellent and quality viewing.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Thanks for the explanation :wink:

Atheist