Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can any reenactor help us with stuff?
SALVETE!

I am the representative of an organization so-called (and recently born - 05/06/2006) A.B.E.R.H. - Associação Brasileira de Estudo e Reconstrução Histórica - or "Brazilian association of historical studies and reenactment".

My name is Marcos, also called by members of A.B.E.R.H.: MARCUS INVICTUS FELIX.

Reenactment in Brazil are so brand new that we haven't any suppliers of our own, and we need to import every single piece of gear or... learn of the beggining to make the indispensable( by the way: - my favorite mode to do what to be done... (O.~) ) , like: CASSIS; LORICAE, BRACCHI; BALTEI; CALCEI; CALIGAE; SUBARMALIS; PUGGIO; GLADIUS; PILUM; SCUTUM; TUNICA; IMPEDIMENTA; LACERNAE and so on, thus the pleasant task becomes a little, just a little, more complicated.

Then, i come here, by encouragement of other A.B.E.R.H. members, to ask if could any of the ilustrissimii RAT members and veteran reenactors afford to send us any sort of cheap and/or used sample helmet(s) or another relative stuff that not overburden your matters/business?

hmmmmm....

My apologies for the roughness of speech and poorly english and thanks for your time and patience...

Everything said,

VALETE !

Marcos Tiago/MARCUS INVICTUS FELIX
A.B.R.H. / LEGATUS LEGIONE FORTENSE
M. INVICTUS FELIX
LEGATUS LEGIONIS
I FORTENSES
ZENO SALVTEM D. FELIX

If you want to make your own equipment, look at the old posts on this site. You can also try going to this site.

http://www.larp.com/legioxx/

It has a lot of information on how to make things and links to other groups with similar information.

VALE
TIB. CLAVDIVS ZENO
A.K.A. John D.

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
Hi Marcos,

I have a lot of stuff but that's been made/bought over the year, i can't affors to send any to other groups.
But even if you don't have a company that sells hardware in Brasil, you could surely start with clothing or shoes, a belt, and have other items sent to you? I bought several items in the UK and the US... They'll be happy to sell items to you!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Try http://www.niximperial.com

Actually, I might have a used item or two. What are you looking for?
"In war as in loving, you must always keep shoving." George S. Patton, Jr.
Salvete Valerii et Zenii et John(ii),

Fist, i am REALLY grateful to you all...

In fact, i started to make my own gear, but first i was forced to create a space in the backyards of my house ... my wife almost kill me for the mess i done.

I do maked a proper workbench; buyed a drill; thousands of rivets and every other equipment required to do so ( even a mini-NOT FUNCIONAL-forge !!! )...but my imediate resources turning low, slowing down my capability to continue at the speed rate i was expected to be able to mantain ( like: 01 spangenhelm a day! Ok! I know that its nuts and a clearly sign of a "TIRO" so shame on me...(laught)

I already knowed, for a couple of years now, the Legio XX , Vortigern studies/fectio, Comitatus, Niximperial, Albion swords, and et cetera.

Indeed, that was my first inspirations to create the I LEGIO FORTENSE...

Well, about the "gear", John, anything will be usefull as a sample: broken daggers; old rusty helmets; pieces of any LORICA HAMATA; moked TUNICAE; used PANONIAN hats...

P.s.: My friends enlisted on the FORTENSES are in charge of our tunic production, but they did not show me any results till now...

VALETE OMNES !!

M. INVICTUS FELIX
LEGATUS LEGIONE FORTENSE
M. INVICTUS FELIX
LEGATUS LEGIONIS
I FORTENSES
I too may have a couple pieces of surplus equipment you could have. But... it would not really be financially viable for me to send them to you from the UK. Do you know anyone in the UK or Europe I could send them to?

Best wishes,
Andrew
SALVE SASSANID ET SALVETE OMNES!

Are there in the UK, some Postal service without costs for the sender?

If so, we of the I LEGIO FORTENSE, could pay the international mail taxes when the stuff gets here...

VALETE!
M. INVICTUS FELIX
LEGATUS LEGIONIS
I FORTENSES
I don't think so - but I will look into it for you.

Andrew
Marcos

Please, write to me direct at

[email protected]

I think I can help in a very positive way.
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America