Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman boardgames
There are a (very) large number of board games on warfare in Rome, at a variety of levels . . . many of which i have designed. The Great battles of History series, from GMT ( www.gmtgames.com ) includes (for Roman fans), SPQR, Caesar, Caesar in Gaul, War Galley, Caesar in Alexandria, Cataphract,. and a host of "modules" on stuff like Jugurtha, some Marius battles, etc etc.<br>
<br>
GMT also published the ANCIENT WORLD series, whose first volujme,. RISE OF THE ROMAN REPUBLIC, covers ancient history at an operational levcel, in remarkable detail. THE PUNIC WARS is next.<br>
<br>
Other companies have similarly focused games - I think mine are better, to be sure, but these games have their fans . . . and you can find discussions of all of the on Consimworld, a website devoted to historical gaming ( www.consimworld.com ).<br>
<br>
If you want to inquire further i would be more than happy to reply to email . . . is that accessible from here, or do i have to post it?<br>
<br>
RHB <p></p><i></i>
Welcome, Richard. I've been hoping you'd drop in on us.<br>
<br>
You would need to share your email in a post.<br>
<br>
However, you could receive Ezboard email, if you have that feature turned on. Your Inbox would become visible whenever you are logged in.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boardgames and solitaire wargames jmkinki 7 6,887 04-16-2017, 07:18 PM
Last Post: flavioezio
  Ancient Rome Boardgames PunkReaper 5 4,083 05-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Severus
  boardgames Q Rutilius 14 5,640 02-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Last Post: StrategyM