Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any posters or prints on Roman military?
Hi folks!
I would like to get some roman military posters or prints preferebly with battle scenes like Connoly's etc.

[Image: connoly.jpg]

The preferable bigger size e.g. 50 x 80 cm (20" x 30") or so, intended for framing.
Martin
that would be nice in the entire wall as a mural Smile

one of my friend can do it for around 200 or more depending the side of the wall.

Poster arent bad but I prefer a mural like in airbrush Tongue

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Quote:that would be nice in the entire wall as a mural Smile

one of my friend can do it for around 200 or more depending the side of the wall.

Poster arent bad but I prefer a mural like in airbrush Tongue

O.K. 200 bucks including travel cost and victualling Big Grin

More seriously, the mural painting is excellent idea, just to find somebody to do it for reasonable price. So I prefer posters or prints for the moment.
Martin
Hi

I am planning to have some limited edition prints of my work available soon.

Let me know some of your 'wants', perhaps I can add them to the list of subjects to do.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:Hi

I am planning to have some limited edition prints of my work available soon.

Let me know some of your 'wants', perhaps I can add them to the list of subjects to do.

Graham.

Excellent! I like your work! My favourite picture is "THE EDGE OF EMPIRE" from Roman Military Clothing AD 200-400.

Looking forward to see your prints...
Martin
Martin wrote:

Quote:Excellent! I like your work! My favourite picture is "THE EDGE OF EMPIRE" from Roman Military Clothing AD 200-400.

Thanks Martin

I was quite pleased with that one too. Have you seen those in book 3. A lot of people seemed to like the Hun bodyguard and most of all Heraclius!

Any Roman period scenes you would particularly like?

Graham.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
I'd like a chance for either print or original, but think for originals I'd need to travel to a gallery.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote:Martin wrote:

Quote:Excellent! I like your work! My favourite picture is "THE EDGE OF EMPIRE" from Roman Military Clothing AD 200-400.

Thanks Martin

I was quite pleased with that one too. Have you seen those in book 3. A lot of people seemed to like the Hun bodyguard and most of all Heraclius!

Any Roman period scenes you would particularly like?

Graham.

These are nice, too! My favourite period is early empire, particularly battle scenes.

I can imagine one large poster / print of battle in the center and some four smaller pictures of your figures, two each side of the battle scene 8)
Martin
Is there another roman military artist which is selling his works?
Martin
Richard wrote:

Quote:I'd like a chance for either print or original, but think for originals I'd need to travel to a gallery.

Hopefully my exhibition of paintings might get to the State University of California at the end of next year. That is probably not much closer to you than where they are now but it is at least in the same country. However I am trying to get the exhibition to as many venues as possible, for one thing it gets it out of my way. So if you or anyone else can suggest anywhere closer to home feel free.

Graham.