Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New At This
I am new at this and am interested in doing historical dioramas. Could anyone tell me the cheapest way to start and perhaps what size would be best to go with?<br>
<br>
Thank You <p></p><i></i>
All depends a lot on what kind of story you want to tell. Any idea? <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I would love to do Roman themed projects that I could put under glass, perhaps with a maximum of five figures or so. <p></p><i></i>
If you are limiting your diorama to 5 figures or so, you should check out www.alphaminiatures.com <br>
These 54mm metal figures are well researched and excellently sculpted. There are legionaries, auxiliaries and germans, as well as gladiators. They're $8 each.<br>
<br>
A cheaper route is doing plastic figures. Italeri makes a great line of ancient figures in 54mm and 20mm. Hat Is good too. If you are in N. America, check out www.michtoy.com <br>
<br>
-Andrew <p></p><i></i>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redrampant.com">www.redrampant.com
Yup, budget can be quite a constraint. You could of course also consider buying heads and weapons and constructing the figures from scratch. All very much dependant on what kind of scene you want to build. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine