Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT Conference November 17th-19th 2006
The RAT conference will be in Augsburg, Germany November 17th to November 19th 2006

Friday, November 17th

- 19:00 Get together with dinner in the Andechser in Augsburg.

Saturday, November 18th

09:30 Lectures in a seminar room in the Kresslessmühle
Introduction
09:45: Hans Van Lierde (Belgium):
Roman Militaria of the First Century AD in Sacred
Contexts in the North-Western Provinces

10:30 Svenja G. (Germany):
Gladiators: Origins of the Gladiatorial Games, Types of
Gladiators, and how they were seen by the Roman
Society.

11:15 Jona Lendering (Netherlands):
Sacred Forests and Rocky Coasts: The Unreliability of
Ancient Battle Narratives

12:00 Volker Bach (Germany):
Military Collegia; Thoughts on their Function and Context
12:45 Lunch break in the Helsinki Bar inside the Kresslesmühle

14:15 We will walk to the Roman Museum Augsburg and have a guided Tour

17:00 Leisure you can go shopping, to one of the many museums, churches or historical sites or just have a coffe and chill

19:30 Dinner with local specialties / open end

Sunday November 19th

09:30 Lectures in a seminar room in the Kresslessmühle
Jasper Oorthuys (Netherlands):
Marines and Mariners in the Roman Imperial Navy
10:15 Christian Koepfer (Germany):
The Notitia Dignitatum: Shield forms and shield Designs
Seen from a Different Perspective

11:00 Bavarian Sunday Breakfast

12:00 Open

12:45 Open

13:30 Discussion: Guideline for Respectable Living History

14:15 Open

15:00 Coffee break

15:45 Christian Koepfer (Germany):
Living History or Reenactment? General Clarification of
Terminology in the Scene

17:00 Leisure

19:00 Dinner / Open End (Optional)

[size=150:25rlfxjb]As you can see we have two open sections, where additional lectures would be very welcome![/size]

Organization. I need to know the following things from all participants and guests:

1. Do you need any equipment / gadgets for your lecture? (Beamer, Overhead etc.)
2. Where do you want to stay ( which hotel )
3. When do you arrive, when do you intend to leave?
3. Are you allergic to something? Do you need any medical attendance?
4. Will you come a) definitely b) probably c) perhaps
5. Do you have any proposals or ideas concerning the schedule, do you want to have something changed?

As in the hotel thread only four people voted, it does not make sense to book something, also because I have no definite promises for who will come and who perhaps not. So i suggest everyone goes to the hotel that suits her / him. Book over the Internet and the site in the Hotel thread, it should be much cheaper.

The costs for the conference will depend on the amount of participants, but should be less than 20 € including the visit to the Museum, I suppose.
Food not included, of course. I can get you to the good restaurants, but I cannot anticipate what you guys want to eat. Wink
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Ok, I'd like to join, if I could get that weekend off. I'll try. But I've some questions. I'll do no lecture, because I just don't have enough knowledge, but would like to get knowledge of your great speakers.

1. Will I need to get Hotel room by myself, or are we going to book all at once?
2. What are the costs?
ALA I BATAVORUM
Hi!
I edited my post above to answer your questions. I will do so for further questions as well. Smile
Christian K.

Is it possible for someone to film a couple of the lectures and post them up on the internet? I'd love to go, but I'll be in the giant sandbox at the time.
James Gelston
AKA Czar Gelstonov, Slim J.G., Jape-toup, Gale
(Don\'\'t ask.)

Quae caret ora cruore nostro? - Horace
The only thing preventing me from doing that, is the lack of a digital camcorder. If I had one, I'd certainly do so.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Salve Cai,

A very nice program which you have put together there. I'm already psyched and also I have to get going with my lecture. :wink:

1. Do you need any equipment / gadgets for your lecture? (Beamer, Overhead etc.) -
Don't know yet. I was thinking of handing out maybe copies of my work for those who are interested.

About the hotel I checked the old thread and it was five voters of which three voted for the Jakoberhof. I recall that this was the most reasonably priced hotel and that it was in the center of Augsburg, right?

Where is the seminar room Kresslessmühle located? Would there be also hotel rooms available and if so, at what price. Maybe it would be easier if we all stay there.

Haven't checked the train schedule yet, will do so in accordance with Volker (Carlton Bach) as we'll both traveling together from Hamburg

If you're talking about food, I'm not allergic to something but I'm a vegetarian, but eat fish.

A - DEFINITELY

5. Do you have any proposals or ideas concerning the schedule, do you want to have something changed?
I like your schedule.
Quote:Where is the seminar room Kresslessmühle located? Would there be also hotel rooms available and if so, at what price. Maybe it would be easier if we all stay there.
The Kreßlesmühle is a "Kulturhaus", but they offer nice small seminar rooms. We can´t stay there, but the Jacoberhof is very close. However The Jacoberhof is not so very nice. :?
Christian K.

Which one of the hotels from your list would you refer? Reasonably priced though and not something posh.
Top City Hotel Ost am Kö
would be probably better, and slightly cheaper.
Christian K.

Quote:The only thing preventing me from doing that, is the lack of a digital camcorder. If I had one, I'd certainly do so.
I'll ask my friend Marco, who is a professional cameraman.

I will almost certainly be there; I hope to be 101% positive after the weekend.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Christian, how do you book a place, or do I just PM you?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
do you have an idea on the price of the hotels? I'm a little short on money but this program is very interesting.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Tarbi: You can simply book one that suits you. Anything on the list that has a (Innenstadt) attached is fine, the public transportation is very good.

pelgr003: You should expect around 50 € per night.
Christian K.

Perhaps the Dutch squad could consider travelling together? That might save a lot on cost.
This means that I'm coming. Christy may not be able to come, as she just has a new, fulltime job.

1. Do you need any equipment / gadgets for your lecture? (Beamer, Overhead etc.) -
Need no, beamer would be nice though. For pics & powerpoint Big Grin

Dunno yet. Can we settle on a RAT hotel & get a discount?

I'm hoping we Dutchies can travel together. If it's up to me, Friday evening & Monday morning.

Nope

A - Definitely

Seems fine by me.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:pelgr003: You should expect around 50 € per night.

hmm, that's very tempting, oh what the heck - count me in! Seeing all of you is worth it!

Quote:Perhaps the Dutch squad could consider travelling together? That might save a lot on cost.

I have a lease-car (the boss pays for the fuell). I think i get a new one in October. People are welcome to ride with me. (i can take 3/ 4 people with me).

in which hotel are the dutchies staying?
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hotel choice for the RAT conference in Augsburg, November 06 caiusbeerquitius 7 4,589 08-16-2006, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Medusa Gladiatrix
  RAT Conference date in November 2006 caiusbeerquitius 15 7,832 08-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Crispvs
  Lecture Proposals for the RAT Conference November 06 caiusbeerquitius 18 7,640 08-07-2006, 01:26 AM
Last Post: richsc