Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More R:TW Updates
The buildings look like an appropriate lot;<br>
www.totalwar.com/community/building1.htm<br>
<br>
The units though, () are a decidedly mixed bag from a historical perspective;<br>
www.totalwar.com/community/unit1.htm<br>
<br>
Anyone watching Time Commanders in the UK??<br>
<br>
From what I've heard the show gets a group of historical and military ignoramuses, fails to prep them adequately and then turns 'em loose to get bludgeoned by the R:TW AI engine.<br>
<br>
After 4 episodes;<br>
The Trebbia River (Rome AI vs. Carthage) W = Carthage<br>
Watling Street (Rome vs. Briton AI) W = Britons<br>
Bibracte (Rome vs. Gaul AI) W = Rome<br>
Mons Grapius (Rome AI vs. Briton) W = Rome<br>
...the results are split 2 to 2 - but this is misleading as the commentary by people who saw the episodes indicates that none of the humans handled their forces very well - especially missile troops and the "historians" don't give very good information.<br>
<br>
The next battle is Tigranocerta - which I personally find to be an interesting choice as the only extant description that I know of - from Plutarch - seems to be MUCH more fantasy rather than history.<br>
<br>
Barkhorn. <p></p><i></i>
They are the lot I expected after Medieval TW, they range from colourful to absurd, and they keep treating archers as skirmishers... <p></p><i></i>
The description of Time Commanders is quite similar to what I've heard as well. A shame. <p>Strategy <br>
Designer/Developer <br>
Imperium - Rise of Rome</p><i></i>
Regards,

Michael A./MicaByte
I've seen all but one of the Time Commanders programs, and while the idea is a good one, it's not carried off too well. As mentioned, most of the contestants don't appear very well versed in the tactics of the period, and seem unfamiliar with the units they have at their disposal.<br>
<br>
--Rod <p></p><i></i>