Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple request
PLEASE ignore the following topic; the problem does indeed exist and I'm working to solve it.

Dear friends,

Today (Friday, 12.30 U.T.) our friend Christy Beall (Satsobek) pointed out to me that my website was inaccessible; and this was unfortunately correct. My host has forgotten to continue the registration of my domain; I had to make phone calls to the USA, and had to send faxes. At the moment (Friday, 21.30), things appear to be OK - sometimes. I can see the website, can change things, but sometimes I get error messages that ought not to be there. My friend Bill, the owner of LacusCurtius, says he can see it.

Here's my request: if you read this on Friday or Saturday, CLICK HERE. Do you see my website (something blueish)? Do you not see it? Please leave a message below.

Thank you very much!

Jona
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Expired.
AMDG
Wm. / *r
Quote:Dear friends,

Today (Friday, 12.30 U.T.) our friend Christy Beall (Satsobek) pointed out to me that my website was inaccessible; and this was unfortunately correct. My host has forgotten to continue the registration of my domain; I had to make phone calls to the USA, and had to send faxes. At the moment (Friday, 21.30), things appear to be OK - sometimes. I can see the website, can change things, but sometimes I get error messages that ought not to be there. My friend Bill, the owner of LacusCurtius, says he can see it.

Here's my request: if you read this on Friday or Saturday, CLICK HERE. Do you see my website (something blueish)? Do you not see it? Please leave a message below.

Thank you very much!

Jona

I see something bluish. Keep in mind that once they activate you, you might get spotty service as your name populates outwards hitting more and more servers, it could take up to a week for the entire globe to be updated.
Steve
Quote:I see something bluish. Keep in mind that once they activate you, you might get spotty service as your name populates outwards hitting more and more servers, it could take up to a week for the entire globe to be updated.
This may explain something - thanks. I live in blessed ignorance about the technical details, having had a spotless host for ten years.
Jona Lendering
My website
I see it as well, Jona. Hopefully all better now. Smile
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Quote:I see it as well, Jona. Hopefully all better now. Smile
I get the impression that acces is better in the USA than in Europe; I can sometimes see it, but for the last two hours, it was not visible.
Jona Lendering
My website
I don't see it...as of Friday, 8:24 pm Eastern Time (Ontario, Canada) I get a site page that says your domain expired.

Legion: TBD
I just called the U.S. company that appears to own the right to distribute names (why didn't my own host never tell me?! :evil: ), and I am getting a clearer picture of the situation. I must now make a payment by credit card. Like most Europeans, I do not have a credit card. Fortunately, I have a financial partner, but here's another fine mess they've got me in...
[Image: stan_ollie_1.jpg]
Jona Lendering
My website
This is why I decided that I'd never ask my host to register domain names for me again. Get a creditcard (your bank will be too happy to give you one :wink: ) and transfer your site to an online service. Makes renewal MUCH easier.
But since you're now stuck with this: livius.org does not work for me now. If it indeed has reactivated, it must still be propagating.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Yup me too (though I told you that in my recent email as well). I wouldn't worry TOO much though if some people can see it and others can't... that at least means the changes are propogating. When you makes changes like this, it always takes around 72 hours before everyone on the internet can see the same thing. Smile
-Christy Beall
I don't see it.

Quote:Network Solutions.
livius.org
This domain name expired on 08/04/2006 and is pending renewal or deletion

To the right:
Quote:RENEW THIS DOMAIN
If you are the current registrant for this domain name* and wish to continue the registration on the domain, you must immediately renew the domain to ensure the name is not deleted from your account.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:I don't see it.

Quote:Network Solutions.
livius.org
This domain name expired on 08/04/2006 and is pending renewal or deletion

To the right:
Quote:RENEW THIS DOMAIN
If you are the current registrant for this domain name* and wish to continue the registration on the domain, you must immediately renew the domain to ensure the name is not deleted from your account.

Ave Jona,

the view from Germany is not better than from foggy Britain - I see exactly the same page as Jim does.
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Well, I have a problem, that's obvious. My financial partner will make some sort of payment tonight, which should mean that the site must be up and running again after the weekend.

Thanks for you assistance - I now known for certain that Friday's telephone exchange did not solve the matter...
Jona Lendering
My website
Quote:Here's my request: if you read this on Friday or Saturday, CLICK HERE. Do you see my website (something blueish)? Do you not see it? Please leave a message below.

Sorry, just a page from Network Solutions... :?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
checked it again, and it is still not working.
Saturday 12 August, 2006 I guess the post will time stamp this.
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]