Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPQR GAME
Salve.<br>
Prima di tutto: c'è qualcuno che parla italiano???<br>
Secondo: conoscete il gioco, o meglio la serie di wargames che nasce con SPQR, della GMT?<br>
<br>
Grazie,<br>
Giancarlo Ceccoli<br>
Presidente A.S.G.S.<br>
webspace.omniway.sm/asgs/<br>
<p></p><i></i>
I think this belongs in Historical Gaming....<br>
<br>
Any of our Italian members translate that? <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" Coh I<br>
<br>
"Nothing happens to any man, which he is not formed by nature to bear."<br>
<br>
- Marcus Aurelius<br>
<br>
- Number of posts: current +1248</p><i></i>
As i also was interested i what he wanted to say, i've translated it on the internet:<br>
<br>
Translation:<br>
<em>First of all: is there someone who speaks Italian<br>
Secondly : does he know the game, or better the series of wargames of SPQR from GMT.<br>
<br>
Thank you,<br>
Giancarlo Ceccoli<br>
President of A.S.G.S. (apparently an Italian Historical gaming association).</em><br>
at least, if my translation site is correct. My guess is that he wants someone to translate the English version of SPQR to be translated into Italian.<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pelgr003>pelgr003</A> at: 5/29/03 5:51:47 pm<br></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Hi.<br>
Absolutely no!<br>
I want to know if someone knows SPQR and the expansions, because the game is very beautiful and for impassioned of Roman history is perfect to recreate the most famous battles in Rome!<br>
Canne, Zama, Trasimeno, etc. they are present sceneries nellla simulation.<br>
Giancarlo <p></p><i></i>
i stand corrected. The founder of RAT is selling several of her boardgames, some of them are SPQR. Check [url=http://pub45.ezboard.com/fromanarmytalkfrm13.showMessage?topicID=201.topic" target="top]this topic[/url] in the marketplace section.<br>
<br>
gr, jeroen <p></p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
I do not have SPQR or any of the Alexander era games but I do have Caesar, and the Jugurtha (Marius and Mettelus in Africa), Vini Vidi Vici (Zela and Nicopolis), and Dictator (Marius at Verecelae and Sulla at Charonea). They play nicely. I use the Simple Great Battles of History Rules. They require far fewer dice roles and things move along much quicker. <p></p><i></i>
Tom Mallory
NY, USA
Wannabe winner of the corona
graminea and the Indy 500.
I am still playing the computer game Great Battles of Alexander, Hannibal and Caesar. I play on line very often with a few players and we have developed a number of house rules, so that the game works much better, and now feels reasonably right from an historical point of view. The editor allows for a lot of additional battles to be created as well. <p></p><i></i>
What this will mean is the ability to create historically correct (for what we know anyway) recreations of ancient battles in full 3-D - motion capture splendor.<br>
<br>
The "gamey-ness" of the Great Battles Series always bugged me. Why does a PC game need hexes and turns?? It's just silly.<br>
<br>
R:TW may be the answer.<br>
<br>
Check out the link I provided under the new topic.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
Barkhorn.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
I've got the great battles which I play from time to time as well. I also have Caesar 2 and 3 of which I've grown tired of for now. Have the Board Games Caesar Siege of Alesia and Siege of Jerusalem. sometimes hard to get peopel that want to play though. sems teh computer is replacing boards. Someone was telling me someone was putting these old games on pc, any info on this? - Johnn <p></p><i></i>
Animals die, friends die, and I shall die, but one thing never dies, and that is the reputation we leave behind after our death.
No man loses Honour who had any in the first place. - Syrus
Octavianvs ( Johnn C. ) MODERATOR ROMAN ARMY TALK
Click for Rule for Posting [url:3135udah]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
There were computer versions of Great Battles of Alexander, Hannibal and Caesar put out by Imagic back around 95 or so. I ahve all three and play from time to time, they are pretty much ports of the boardgamesgame. (They can still be picked up on ebay very cheap).<br>
<br>
I have also seen Cyberbox or Aide de camp versions of SoJ and GBOH titles. IIRC someone on teh net had a cyberboard version of Alesia also.<br>
<br>
<br>
Los <p></p><i></i>
Los

aka Carlos Lourenco
It would be great if I could find these as I really love playing them but dont always want to wait for someone to want to join in.....I'll have to keep my eyes open, Thanks - JOhnn <p></p><i></i>
Animals die, friends die, and I shall die, but one thing never dies, and that is the reputation we leave behind after our death.
No man loses Honour who had any in the first place. - Syrus
Octavianvs ( Johnn C. ) MODERATOR ROMAN ARMY TALK
Click for Rule for Posting [url:3135udah]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
I see them available on ebay on a regular basis for cheap.<br>
<br>
Los <p></p><i></i>
Los

aka Carlos Lourenco