Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox Search Plugin for Romanarmy.com
Thanks and laudes - very useful.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
And you just got another laude, if only for the ability to specifically search through Bill Thayer's site Confusedhock: Awesome....
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Hi all,
I will have to work with ancient Greek words and texts a little bit. Therefore I made a plugin for searching in the Greek-English dictionary on Perseus for myself. Perhaps it can be useful for some of you as well, so I made it available here.
Greetings
Alexandr
Hi all,

I updated the the plugin for searching on RAT for the new forum engine. Delete the old RAT plugin from your Firefox and add the new one from the usual site (add rat.xml).

You will find the old plugin (to be deleted) probably in one of these locations:

C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\searchplugins\\ (or the location where you have installed Firefox)
C:\\Documents and Settings\\<user name>\\Application Data\\Mozilla\\Firefox\\Profiles\\<profile name>\\searchplugins\\
C:\\Users\\<user name>\\AppData\\Roaming\\Mozilla\\Firefox\\Profiles\\<profile name>\\searchplugins\\

~/.mozilla/firefox/<profile name>/searchplugins/

Greetings
Alexandr
Hello,

So, I updated the plugin for this new forum search engine again. You can download it here.

You will have to remove the old plugin, start Firefox without the old plugin, add the new one and restart Firefox.

To be honest, I do not like this new search engine at all. It doesn't allow to display the search results as topics (threads) in which the search term appears. Rather they are displayed as posts in which the search term appears. If you search some very frequent word, you will get hundreds of results, and it would be quite difficult to quickly discern those you are actually trying to find or the relevant ones. Is there a way how to improve this?

Greetings
Alexandr
Hi Alexandr,
There probably is. Also, and this is a very good thing, the group that makes this forum is very active with updates, so expect constant improvements.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hi Jasper,

Great! Thank you. I will be watching this.

Greetings
Alexandr