Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet difficulties?
Greetings,
just wondering -
I have been cursing my computer recently as it is acting like a snail when connected to the internet...but have heard that others have had similar problems. I thought it was IE6, but Mozilla is not much better....maybe as it goes through the same provider...?
Anyone else out there having these same difficulties....it may be narrowed down to England or those using Yahoo linked IPs ?
I am on Broadband by the way....
regards
Arthes/Cristina
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
You're not alone - it just happened to me now. I couldn't get back for 5 minutes :x

I have DSL

Theo
Jaime
i had the same thing just now (ie + WinXP) but regaring RAT i think it's something else (Jasper?)
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
I think the server just pooped, but it seems back to normal now. I still like the current host though. If something's wrong, I can just bother them on IM. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hello all,

I had a similar prob before and I found out that it was my IE that was giving me the probs. It would take aeons for IE to load up. So I did a little research on the issue...have to thank the Google Lords on that... :lol:

Damn IE always upgrading itself and adding useless plug-ins. Three little applets that might help are the :

CleanUp! utility
ewido anti-malware

and a little exe. file called:

FxIeplgn.exe

Yeah...some work required but I'm surfing a.o.k now!

Hope this is of some help. Smile
aka: Julio Peña
Quote:"audaces Fortuna iuvat"
- shouted by Turnus in Virgil\'s Aeneid in book X just before he is utterly destroyed by Aeneas\' Trojans.