Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adrian Goldsworthy and Caesar
For those of you who may have not heard: I just received an email from Barnes & Noble; September 18, 2006, Casesar: Life of a Colossus, by Adrian Goldsworthy will be released.
Tom Mallory
NY, USA
Wannabe winner of the corona
graminea and the Indy 500.
I have two or three of Goldsworthy's books, but I doubt anyone can surpass Christian Meier's biography of Caesar.

I'm glad Goldsworthy is still churning out with Roman books though.

Theo
Jaime
I bumped into Adrian outside WH Smiths a few weeks ago and he says he'd like to do something on the late Roman army at some point. That may not be next up; there will be more Goldsworthy volumes coming out, though I'm not sure what's next!
Quote:I bumped into Adrian outside WH Smiths a few weeks ago and he says he'd like to do something on the late Roman army at some point.

YES! YES! FINALLY!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Great. The Late Empire is finally getting due recognition and scrutiny from the younger historians and scholars after decades of neglect.

Whether it's next on his list or not, it's exciting to know that at least it's on his list.

Thanks for that update, Kate Big Grin

Theo
Jaime
For me this is Great news!
Am a Goldsworthy fan, Ceasar fan and Late-Roman-Army fan.

Jeff

p.s. I too think Meier's Ceasar is the best!
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
I read an uncorrected proof of Adrian's book and it is a fine piece of work. Better than Meier by far, and incidentally, I found it far more insightful and exciting (not to mention more accurate!) than most of the fiction based on the life of the great man.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannae by Adrian Goldsworthy ParthianBow 3 1,762 11-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  New Book from Adrian Goldsworthy: How Rome Fell Narukami 32 7,699 08-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Antony & Cleopatra - Adrian Goldsworthy (2010) Lindsay_Powell 2 1,467 07-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar