Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pax Romana...competition of R, TW?
forum.antikgames.com/pax-...ionUk.html<br>
<br>
This game is definately worth checking out...I read most of the site, and it looks unbelievable. The only thing I am not so sure about, is the combat...looks a lot like LEGION...once the ball starts rolling, no more control. But we'll see. The game date of release I believe is around September 2003.<br>
<br>
The game looks to be the most dynamic yet...could be good!<br>
<br>
PS - thanks to pete for sending me the URL <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" Coh I<br>
<br>
- Let it be known, that I have 1248 posts to date, but because the techies at Ezboard are incompetent, they no longer show up.</p><i></i>
Sounds an awful lot like a game I was working on a few years ago... glad to see someone is getting around to making it!<br>
<br>
Looks like a very promising concept and I hope it'll be available in an English version.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
...hope it comes to fruition as it appears to fall somwhere in between "Imperium" and R:TW.<br>
<br>
Never enough games on the ancients so I say the more the merrier.<br>
<br>
Barkhorn. <p></p><i></i>
I have a link here to an interview with the game's deisgner.<br>
<br>
www.worthplaying.com/arti...ad&order=0<br>
<br>
Worth checking out. <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" Coh I<br>
<br>
"Nothing happens to any man, which he is not formed by nature to bear."<br>
<br>
- Marcus Aurelius<br>
<br>
- Number of posts: current +1248</p><i></i>
"the game follows a linear flow in real-time"....."Pax Romana is a rather impressive undertaking, covering nearly three hundred years of Roman history."..... "The game is real-time, (with up to 5 adjustable speeds)". <br>
<br>
uhh I think at 1:1 real-time it might be a long game.... <p>"Just before class started, I looked in the big book where all the world's history is written, and it said...." Neil J. Hackett, PhD ancient history, professor OSU, 1987</p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]