Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who can make a pugio handle?
Salve!

I have re-shaped completely my Deepeeka pugio blade. It was like a shovel! I also ripped of the original handle-materials but making a new handle is beyond my capabilities/tools. It would be good also to make the handle a bit "thinner" (as you can see from very faint black lines on the photo). Is there anyone out there who could make this within a reasonable price?
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
I think if you can do that you certainly have the talent to make the handle. Looks Great! But for some reason I dont think this is the traditional pukko! :wink:
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Hi Virilis,

I think in Europe Maarten Dolmans from Artemisia is a good person to ask. I know he makes excelent pugios.

I think he just registered to RAT today, Maarten if you're out there can you confirm this? :?

Vale,
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Thanks guys, I´ll wait for more suggestions!

Paul, this really isn`t a traditional finnish "puukko" :wink: . I suggest you have some finns living nearby?
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:I think he just registered to RAT today, Maarten if you're out there can you confirm this? :?
Yes he is, Jasper pointed his email address out to me... Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "How to" make a pugio LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS 116 37,863 01-24-2018, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Clavdivs
  how I made a metal handle of pugio. munazio planco 8 2,343 12-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Titus Marius Secundus
  pugio whit bone handle munazio planco 7 2,908 07-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Doc