Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greek Trireme by Zvezda
Hello all,<br>
The Russian based company named zvezda (if i have that name correct) also known as the makers of the wargaming soldiers the "cursed legion" now have a greek Trireme in their collection!! a good model so to see, at least from looking at the box that is... theres even a catapulta on the stern!!<br>
<br>
Also there is a new plastic kit of a Roman warship out.. will look for the company name of that one....<br>
<br>
anyone already in posession of this lovely modelling stuff?<br>
if so, let me know what you think/experienced.....<br>
<br>
PS just ordered the Italeri 1/32 Romans...(republicans)<br>
<br>
wonder if its any good...<br>
<br>
best wishes<br>
MARCvS<br>
<br>
RRF <p></p><i></i>
Salve Marcvs!<br>
<br>
I have the Trireme on order from Squadron.com, so I don't expect it to dock at my house until late next week. I'll be more than happy to post a quik-review.<br>
<br>
So far, I've learned the good part--it is a Trireme and around 18 inches long--and a couple of bad points--no crew figures are provided and the sails are molded to the yardarms, but, all in all, I'm looking forward to this kit.<br>
<br>
Be Well,<br>
~A <p></p><i></i>
Anybody got a website for this thing? I wanna see! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
WELLLLLLLLLLLLL............<br>
<br>
[url=http://www.zvezda.org.ru/eng" target="top]www.zvezda.org.ru/eng[/url]<br>
<br>
should get you there............ and they have a catalogue too!!<br>
<br>
but only the box artwork is done... not the model itself...<br>
<br>
However, if you travel to Leiden (NL)<br>
<br>
Sjaak's Hobbyshop has the box in its window.....<br>
<br>
drewl............<br>
<br>
hehehe he just got me the DOYUSHA HIMEJI castle from Japan... within two weeks...........<br>
<br>
now saving for the Trireme and or the Roman battle ship hehehehe ...........<br>
<br>
No space, no space.........<br>
<br>
regds,<br>
<br>
M.VIB.M. <p></p><i></i>
The picture looks nice. They even got two models of JS-II tanks, those are almost impossible to find here in the west.... <p></p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Hiya all!! just had a good look inside the boxes at the model shop! the zvezda is amazingly correct and very very detailed! as well as the fact you have to do the roping yourself!! even better is that its scale is....<br>
<br>
1/72!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>
<br>
so you can use all your esci or italeri 1/72 greekies on it... cut up some barbarians to make into rowers and....... wowie!!<br>
<br>
The Academy Roman boat is also very very nice........<br>
has only one row of oars, but stands on a base and the boat rests on two massive gold lions!!!!!! i dont think this one is 1/72... but still it look very nice!!!<br>
<br>
oh mercvrivs............ fill my purse!!!!!!!!! i beg of you!!<br>
hahahaha<br>
regds<br>
<br>
M.Vib.M<br>
so hopefully the classical modelling market finally starts booming, and we dont have to search so hard anymore!!<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Hmmm, I think I've seen that Academy ship somewhere. It looks like a Roman warship, vaguely anyway. Seems to combine elements of larger and smaller ships in one.<br>
Very curious to see the Triere up close and personal. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Salve,<br>
<br>
The Orion Roman naval set is an alternative source for figures, though the equipment of the soldiers is of Hollywood standard and the syphon flame thrower belongs firmly to the Byzantine era of the empire.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Sander van Dorst <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New 1/72 Imperial Romans From Zvezda Narukami 2 2,623 07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Narukami
  Trireme from Zvezda (unfinished) Titus Martius 14 4,064 02-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Optio equitum
  Roman trireme from Zvezda Uwe Bahr 3 3,085 11-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Marcus F.