Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lovage
Lovage seems to be a requirement for many Roman recipes but doesn't seem to be availble at home. Celery leaf, the suggested alternative, involves small amounts of leaf and large amounts of excess celery. I don't have the facilities to grow it as yet, and I'd have to wait a long time anyway.

Any possible solutions (aprt from not cooking a recipe that features lovage :lol: )? Or should I just stick to the celery leaf?
Carus Andiae - David Woodall

"The greatest military machine in the history of the universe..."
"What is - the Daleks?"
"No... the Romans!" - Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens
Dried Lovage......
This place is in Lancashire and does frozen Lovage.... Bowlander but you could also try local apothacaries or health stores, they may know of local stockists...
You can buy seeds and try to grow your own, a window box, hanging basket or deep pot could work....This stockist in in Broadstairs, Kent...Nickys
Nickys calls it the herb of love...There is a warning elsewhere that taken in excess it can cause nausea and vertigo....so that is the truth of the vomitarium..... :lol: :lol:
Another online shop, based in Southend, Essex greenchronicle
Regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Thanks; I'll look into those - and bear that warning in mind Confusedhock: :lol:
Carus Andiae - David Woodall

"The greatest military machine in the history of the universe..."
"What is - the Daleks?"
"No... the Romans!" - Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens