Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mosaic Workshops
Another heads up for the next lot of mosaic workshops being held here in the UK. The same as the last these are 1 day introductory sessions aimed at understanding the techniques and theory behind the production of the ancient mosaics.
As well as the theory you build a mosaic section in marble, learning also to use the hammer and hardie to cut the material. The last groups all took away a section about 38cm x 25cm.
The dates are; 13th October and 3rd Novenber. I've just to get these dates on the website but they are confirmed. The price is being kept at £65 until we restart next year.
Shortly I'll also be putting up details of some Fresco workshops, aimed again at the practice and understanding of the Roman art. These will be with an instructor from the Netherlands, Ria Teunisse. These will be in the same location as the mosaic workshops here in the UK.

Lawrence
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com
Here we go,
Last dates for this year, it's the same as before 1 day workshops (the price remains at £65 until next year) suitable for beginners but you do take away a section of marble mosaic made in the class. The aim is for students to be able to copy a section of Roman mosaic, using the same materials and tools as the Romans used. Also I give you the skills to be able to understand how large floor sections were made and what constitutes the 'Roman rules' with regard to the way in which the tesserae were set.
If you want anymore info PM me or take a look on the website. If youre interested in setting up your own mosaic area at reenactments this workshop will give you the skills and information to get started.

Cheers

Lawrence
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com