Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shop redesign and a Greek shirt!
Since we aim to please, I'm sure that's not much of a problem. I'll ask Christy!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Your aim is true. You, Jenny, the mods, and the forum contributors have created quite a wonderful site and are to be congratulated. With regard to the mug, I thank both you and Christy for considering the idea.

Best,

Emil
Emil Bosman
Christy tells me it's done!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
That's wonderful. I've placed the order for it and the Greek hoplite (had to complete the RomanArmy.com set Big Grin ) . My thanks again to you both.

Best,

Emil
Emil Bosman
Noice!
AVETE OMNES
MARIVS TARQVINIVS VRSVS
PATER FAMILIAS DOMVS VRSVM
-Tom
content removed by moderator due to flaming and libellous content
content removed by moderator due to flaming and libellous text.

Dear sir, your complaint, maybe true or not true (I can't judge that), is to seek contact with the person who you assume to have done something wrong. Then, work it out in private. if you are right, I'm sure it can be resolved.

What you CAN NOT do is send message after message making wild accusation about fraud, and also insult the artist. This WILL NOT be tolerated.

All future complaints will be removed without further comment if you yourself will persist in aimless posting without seeking the civilized way of coming to an understand of how or why this image was used.

The moderator
I suggest that the as a member I am allowed to post the evidence and I ask anyone to check myspace http://profile.myspa ce.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=25611125 under my pictures to see the original photograph. If Christy whoever that is does not have the permision to use this image then its your responsibility as moderator and cofounder to make sure such copyright and image infringement takes place. I hav notified Eduardo and he will be contacting you and the so called artist. I warned you and no civilized response by the artist, the store was taken. Please allow me to present my evidence and I am sure all will be resolved. If you could forward this to the artist I would appreciate that as well. Sincerely Konstantine
Konstantine,
No one is denying that this photo was the inspiration for this artwork, which it IS. As I PMed you, it was drawn from that photo, by hand, then scanned and digitally colored. That makes it original art. I attach the scanned drawing. There are differences with the original photo, the most obvious one being that the left foot is missing from the photo.
Your photo, btw, cannot be seen by people who do not have MySpace.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
If this was the T- Shirt fine , I would not even say anything. But the image I saw at the top of this email has lighting and manipulation of shading that only a professional Graphic Designer like myself would catch. I have seen such distortion and pixel manipulation before this does not make it an original work or even a redo of the original. I am not convinced and as I previously said only Mr. Eduardo Guillen will decide the final act to this story . For it is his image and his photograph that was played with and not mine or yours. Sincerely Konstantine.
Quote:only Mr. Eduardo Guillen will decide the final act to this story

YOU MEAN YOU DID NOT EVEN ASK HIM BEFORE YOU STARTED YOUR MULTIPLE-POSTED RANT?

Bah! Shame on you! How uncivilised!
Besides, who are you to act like the hurt party if this image is not even your to begin with?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Konstantine,
About Eduardo's opinion on the matter, have you bothered to read this thread? link from old RAT

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Konstantine,
Congratulations. Christy is a professional graphic designer as well and, as I told you, that drawing is the basis she worked from. She used the colors from the photo to flesh it out.
Apart from the thread that Aitor so kindly pointed to, please give me one reason for not suggesting to the moderators to invoke sanctions against you?
The way I see it, you have broken at least three rules:
1) You do not use your real name, despite being asked to do so (and having been a member of rat for more than a year)
2) You have insulted another RAT member
3) You have posted multiple threads all over the forum with libellous content.

I suggest that you at least publicly apologize to Christy.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
My apologies I just read the post where Eduardo asked for the shirts as well. I recently posted the image on my space and was afraid that someone had misappropriated its content. I was not aware Eduardo himself had given the permision. I have had this sort of infringement happen to me as well as many friends , I apologize for jumping the gun and being so agressive. Artistic integrity and ownership is all we have and since Eduardo is a good friend I was overly protective. Again my apologies, I think I have been up on the computer too long. Good night. :oops:
Firstly , I apologize for accusing a fellow artist of copying art without permission, Secondly I apologize for not checking the facts and investigating prior to jumping the gun . And lastly I apologize because I slandered and over reacted when I saw the image. I thought that since I recently posted the image on my-space that it was being misused and that was a guilt and paranoia all my own. But I am using my own name , which is Konstantine , and if you like you can ban me or block me these threats do not impress me in the least. I have been a peaceful member and I guess I have been out of the loop for a while. So do as you like it makes no difference to me. Sincerely Konstantine