Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shop redesign and a Greek shirt!
I don't like to ban anyone Konstantine, I was just showing how you were trying the patience of moderators and administrators on the board with fairly impossible behavior.
Anyway, thank you for your words, I'm glad this has been solved. I'll leave the last word to Christy if she wants to have it.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I've been pushing pixels for 21 years, and there are a zillion tell-tale signs that show Christy's rendered that by hand. Only just saw this thread's developments.

Glad it was sorted though.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Well handled, Jasper- firm, polite, fair, and not tolerating poor behaviour! Laudes.
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
I'll just put my two-cents in here right now. I'm the infamous Christy, creator of the much-contested piece of art. :lol:

I assure you, I wasn't trying to offend or anger anyone by making my work, nor make money at someone else's expense (not that the shirt makes much anyway), so if that's a problem, I'm happy to take it down. The whole project was mostly for my own enjoyment.

However, I CAN say that it is as others have said: I created the picture totally from scratch, using the photo and it's color palette as a base to try and create a "photo-realistic" style of painting. I do have the photoshop files on my computer to prove that I made this art the "hard way", with no "tricks".

I also had Comerus check to make sure it was ok that I used the photograph, and I only went ahead on the assumption that it wouldn't be a problem.

I do think your group should receive at least one of the shirts for free if you'd like to have it, that is. I think that was originally planned actually, per the communications with Comerus, but was never brought about. I think that could be worked out certainly.

Anyway, I''m glad this has been resolved and I'm hoping there aren't lots of hard feelings on the matter. Smile
-Christy Beall
Who is that Konstantine?

Is member of Athenea Promakhos?

It's clear Eduardo gave permission to do that work.
Quote:So do as you like it makes no difference to me. Sincerely Konstantine

Not exactly the best way to end what's supposed to be a sincere apology...
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Damn migraine made me miss all the fun stuff.

Legion: TBD
I agree that Konstantine ended his SECOND apology badly, which I regret for his sake. However, he made his apologies twice, in detail, and with great frankness. It seems to me he has learned the obvious lessons from this incident.
Hmm.. His second apology - was that an apology?
Quote:if you like you can ban me or block me these threats do not impress me in the least. So do as you like it makes no difference to me.
Not a very humble apology, if you ask me. And if he had slandered and accused me in person like he did Christy, I would have liked to hear something more. But it seems the dust has settled, so won't stir it up anyway.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)