Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh I\'m happy...
My lady...

...my wife is a very good person, a fine woman to living with; and she's also smart and beautiful as a she-Elf princess...

UNFORTUNATELLY, I can't having all in one!... Her hobbies/interests are BY FAR TOTALY different of mine!

I guess... we'll never get... borred! Hahaha!

Regards my lady.
aka Romilos

"Ayet`, oh Spartan euandro... koroi pateron poliatan... laia men itin provalesthe,
...dori d`eutolmos anhesthe, ...mi phidomenoi tas zoas. Ouh gar patrion ta Sparta!
"
- The Lacedaimonian War Tune -
wow! nice kopis!

You could be a cheapskate Hoplite and be an ekodromoi. Save money by not getting greaves or a cuirass!
-thanks for reading.

Sean
That's not a bad idea. But I'm trying to a dipylon shield, actually weave one.

Since it's the first time I weave anything, I thought of starting with a pelta first, since it's easier, and than try the dipylon.

Argive shield is a future project :wink: .

By the way, could anyone suggest a baldric design? I've seen quite a few, but my mine problem is the attachement.

Any suggestions?
Spyros Kaltikopoulos

Honor to those who in the life they lead
define and guard a Thermopylae.
Never betraying what is right,
consistent and just in all they do
but showing pity also, and compassion
Kavafis the Alexandrian
Quote:Lupus, it's some where in Adrianou in Plaka. I consider it as the first step to create my peltast kit. Actually I prefer something like an Euboian mercenary of the Peloponisian war, but that will have to wait a couple of years. The price alone for a chalkidic helmet is 400-500 euros. Oh well, pelta, javelins and a felt petasos are not that bad for starters.

Congratulations on your new falcata, Spyros! What a lovely sizigos you do have. Like mine, who bought me my first Viking sword and makes loads of my soft kit. I think you can get that type of falcata from Deepeeka -maybe the shop is an outlet for them. It would be great if you Greek chaps could get good kit at Greek prices.

Chalcidian helmets are expensive, here, too - £240 compared to £80-£100 for a Corinthian. I don't understand it. How does £80-£100 sound to you, based on Greek salaries?

P.S. It's possible to tablet-weave a baldric with a key pattern - I have a headband my friend made for me. It's not cheap, though. Why not make a leather baldric?
100 pounds would be around 140-150 euros.
I would say it's not exactly cheap (Greek starter sallary is around 650 euros) but a lot of people could afford it.
Spyros Kaltikopoulos

Kavafis the Alexandrian
I bought a brass Corinthian for £90 from a chap in Germany, I'll look for his address, if that would help you.
Thank you Paul. If that is the Helmet you were in the photo in fron of the British Museum than yes definately it would interest me. Even more so if he could also work on a chalkidian :wink:

What can I say, Eudoia Uber alles Big Grin
Spyros Kaltikopoulos

Kavafis the Alexandrian
I think this is the chap: [email protected] . If not, he does supply greek kit, despite the company name, "Medieval Arms"
Guys... the BEST prizes I EVER seen, was in a small BLACKSMITH store, in Praga, Czech Republic! It's in the Castle's market area, in the "Alley of jewels". It has a HUGE Medival German Knight's full plate armor, in the entrance! We CAN'T miss it...

I've seen MANY medival weaponry, but ALSO ancient too! And the guy does special requesting projects; I couldn't buy something (even the prizes were low), because here in Greece, YOU CAN'T IMPORT such things (after 9/11!), because the authorities "taking" them as WEAPONS - so, they distraining them in the airport!

But I've seen MANY Germans, loading TONES of them in their cars and leaving to the borders (Germany it's VERY near, as you know)...

I hope I helped, somehow...
aka Romilos

"Ayet`, oh Spartan euandro... koroi pateron poliatan... laia men itin provalesthe,
...dori d`eutolmos anhesthe, ...mi phidomenoi tas zoas. Ouh gar patrion ta Sparta!
"
Actually you can. According to the new law concerning weapons and most importantly collectors, one can inport swords.

What you have to do is go to the "Asfaleia" and ask for a permision to do so as a collector. I'll try find the law and provide you with the exact details.
Spyros Kaltikopoulos

Kavafis the Alexandrian
Yes, they told me about that "Collector's permision"... Is it NOT difficult to get one of these? (Zeus! It's MORE easy to get a SIDE ARM permision, of getting a sword collector's one!!!)
aka Romilos

"
No, not really, you need a blank record though (and about a month, don't you just love red tape?)
Spyros Kaltikopoulos

Kavafis the Alexandrian
Blank record???

A band of dead folks in my record, count as... blank???

HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA!
aka Romilos

"
Uhmmmm, were you in any way condemned with their deaths?
Spyros Kaltikopoulos

Kavafis the Alexandrian
My friend, a... "vampire" (night walker) like me, can EASILY "pass" the charges!

HAHAHAHA!
aka Romilos

"