Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celtic Kings
Has anyone tried this computer game? The box cover says it is a strategy level (and another adventure level) game of conquering Gaul. You can play either the Romans or the Gauls. It does not appear to be historical, that is with Caesar's battles against the Gauls as scenarios but I'm not sure. Just wondered if it was worth picking up as we all wait for Total War and Praetorians to come out. I still prefer my Great Battles in History computer games with Hannibal, Alexander and Caesar. They are dated and the graphics look primitive in comparison with the new stuff but it was great to be able to fight those historical battles. I wish they would update the series but doubt that will ever happen.<br>
<br>
thanks for any input on Celtic Kings<br>
Jeff <p></p><i></i>
You might want to check out the demo if you haven't yet. I have played the demo and it wasn't bad. The graphics are nice and the gameplay is similar to most traditional RTS engines like AOE. You can train a lot of different soldiers too. Although, I haved played some of the Praetorians demo and I really like the gameplay, it seems more sophisticated and mainly strategical. I think I would just get Praetorians when it came out and pass up Celtic Kings. Celtic Kings plays very similar to Warcraft III, so there is a large adventure theme. <p></p><i></i>
I'll probably do that and wait though I might pick it up if it ever moves to the bargain shelf. <p></p><i></i>
Like I said check out the demo at their site if you can. For a demo it's pretty nice, it let's you play with both sides. <p></p><i></i>
Where can you go and get the Demo at for it? <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Celtic Kings: Punic Wars StrategyM 3 1,687 10-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Anonymous