Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provocatrix Pectorale
Avete omnes,

I have just completed a custom pectorale for our dear gladiatrix Medusa, and she suggested that I post some images of it here for all to see. It's constructed of 0.8mm sheet brass, the repousse/chased Medusa decoration is actually part of the plate, not an applique piece. The figure is filled with a strong construction adhesive to protect it from dents during fights (not terribly authentic, but practical :wink: ), the leather disc is to cover the adhesive. The edging is thinner brass, soldered on as seems a common feature of gladiator armor. The back boss is modeled after the flower motif shown on the front of an actual provocator pectorale in one sculptural depiction of the type. The buckles are speculatoy, but the is a real Roman buckle style.
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Hey Matt , Good Job . It looks very Good . Why cant I be handy like that ?

Well Done ,

Paul .
Paul / Verus
Damn great work Matt! Medusa can be proud on it.
real Name Tobias Gabrys

Flavii <a class="postlink" href="http://www.flavii.de">www.flavii.de
& Hetairoi <a class="postlink" href="http://www.hetairoi.de">www.hetairoi.de
Salve Tobias,

Thank you for referring me to Matt. Smile Can't wait till it will be delivered by snail mail to me. I'll make some pics then wearing the thing and post them here.

Thanks, Matt, for the great work! Big Grin
Brilliant work, Matt and congratulations on your new piece (once it arrives), Svenja! I envy you for it (and maybe I'll copy you some day, Matt ;-) ) )
Thanks Martin Wink
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scale (repoussé) Pectorale Sutoris 25 7,586 11-15-2011, 02:19 AM
Last Post: john roberts