Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sims Modeling
I agree, I can't imagine how many hours you must have put into these works of art... kudos!<br>
<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Well, I put the new skins up on my site at last and everyone seems to be liking them!<br>
<br>
I just wanted to thank everyone here for all their support and encouragement on the project. Its been really great and I couldn't have done it without you help! Gratias Tibi Ago!<br>
<br>
-Christy <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=satsobek>satsobek</A> at: 2/21/03 9:39:05 pm<br></i>
-Christy Beall
Christy, great job, and glad to see you have chosen the actual, documented shield emblem of Legion XIIII Gemina Martia Victrix (for the Legionary). I recommend you use the same emblem on your centurion for the one in use now was intended as a cavalry emblem (a unit I belonged to as well, Ala II Flavia). If you used my little book as a guide for these (for they both appear there), refer to page 49 for a good view of an oval version of the Leg XIIII shield. If you do a Signifier too, this is a good choice, for the costume and signum both are also documented to LEG XIIII. Even the Aquilifier is documented for this Legion, and would be another great figure to add to the batch. There is more documentaion for the equipment used in this legion than any other, which is why we selected it for our group.<br>
<br>
Keep up the good work, Dan. <p></p><i></i>
Thanks! I should have figured that out... horses on the shield would be logically connected to cavalry wouldn't they? Now that I have your book as well, it should be no trouble to make the appropriate changes. A signifier sounds fun... I'm beginning to think that I'm more interested in making these soldiers than people on my site are in downloading them! Still, it's sure a lot more fun than making togas!<br>
<br>
-Christy <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=satsobek>satsobek</A> at: 2/24/03 5:40:00 pm<br></i>
-Christy Beall

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3D modeling: Arqspin richsc 0 2,109 04-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Last Post: richsc
  Virtual modeling Anonymous 4 2,202 04-24-2002, 04:22 AM
Last Post: Anonymous
  Roman SIMS richsc 20 5,980 02-13-2002, 02:55 PM
Last Post: satsobek