Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Dancers / Musicians
Hi , Does anybody know of any Roman Dance / Musical Group that operate around the North Of England ?

What Iam Trying to do is either recruit or have attached Roman Dancers /misicians to our Gladiator School based here in the N/E of England . I think it would add greatley to the arena spectical .

Any help would be great .

Thanks ,

Verus .
Paul / Verus
i am sorry too say tere are non dances from romen thime ,
but 65 pises of musik :o lol: i am vrom www.musica-romana.de :roll:
regards hilmar
We don't have anything like that anywhere in north America to my knowledge, or we'd be inviting them to Roman Days.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Salve Hilmar,

Quote:i am sorry too say tere are non dances from romen thime ,
but 65 pises of musik :o lol: i am vrom www.musica-romana.de :roll:
regards hilmar

Susanna just told me that you (i.e. the group Musica Romana) are looking for a new dancer since the old one quit. So you had a dancer in our group and considering the good research Susanna does it must have existed. I assume that dancers appeared either only in a religious context or at some feasts and were slaves and not honorable citizens. I'm sure Susanna will enlighten us on this topic ones she drops by again. :lol:

Salve Paul,

Quote:What Iam Trying to do is either recruit or have attached Roman Dancers /misicians to our Gladiator School based here in the N/E of England . I think it would add greatley to the arena spectical .

That's a great idea do include musicians and dancers to your gladiatorial shows. Big Grin

Valete,
Hi there,

@ Paul:
I guess I know quiet all Greece/Roman Music and Dancing Group...but for GB
or US I have no idea, especially with dancers.
In US are as in GB musical groups that do mostly Greek Ancient Music.
But dance... :roll:

Most close would be a mixture of ballett and folkloristic meditaranian movements for dance...no belly dance!

Sorry, if something passes my mind, I will let you know. :wink:

Regards,
Susanna

@ Medusa: we have some gravestones naming famous dancers and pantomimes who were originally not comnig from slavery.
Susanna

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.musica-romana.de">www.musica-romana.de

A Lyra is basically an instrument to accompaign pyromanic city destruction.
Salve Susanna,

Thanks for your answer.

I can imagine that dancers weren't respectable persons and that they might also be infamis similar to gladiators, actors, chariot racers etc. So if a free person became a dancer I guess he/she would find him/herself at the bottom of the social ladder. Or am I mistaken?

Vale,
Thanks everyone , It was just an Idea thats all , I think it would be nice to have a Misical and Dance element in our shows , maybe one day .

Thanks All ,

Paul .
Paul / Verus

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rhombus, help from musicians needed! aitor iriarte 11 3,821 04-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Last Post: aitor iriarte