Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman theme board games
I know theres probably already a thread on this somewhere but......<br>
has anyone played Hasbro's History of the World, GMT's Julius Caesar, or APLs Rome at War: Hannibal at Bay (I'm guessing this last is a follow on from the original 'Hannibal' - if its the same company?)<br>
Any thoughts on which would be the best value appreciated. (or should I save the money and put it towards a miniature army?)<br>
thanks<br>
Pictoria <p></p><i></i>
I am prejudiced, I prefer to collect miniatures. I have some of the games, but if you have a board game, you might as well just go for computer games, in this modern time. You can play solitare, and the graphics are better. If you get called away in the middle of a game, you can save on computer, as well. Miniatures are more fun to arrange, and set up, and paint and make displays with...... -- <p>"Just before class started, I looked in the big book where all the world's history is written, and it said...." Neil J. Hackett, PhD ancient history, professor OSU, 1987</p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
My only experience is with the GMT games you mentioned. If you buy GMT, be sure to get the Simple GBOH rules. They are far easier to play, and probably more accurate historically. <p></p><i></i>
Tom Mallory
NY, USA
Wannabe winner of the corona
graminea and the Indy 500.