Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New layout
As is plain to see, Satsobek/Christy has adapted the layout of RAT to the new design of Romanarmy.com.
Compliments, bug reports and other comments are quite welcome.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I was a bit surprised to see the new layout.
Very nice. I love how RAT just keeps getting better.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks.
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Still love the colours, but I still think the banner is too big and it still won't fit my screen. Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
I really like it- except that it was a touch too large for my screen at first and now it's only about 2/3 the right size and leaves a large gray area at the right (whine, whine, whine :lol: )
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
OK, whining over. Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Still love the colours, but I still think the banner is too big and it still won't fit my screen. Cry
I agree; the banner is too large. I think that reducing the size of the soldier will help.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
i don't know if it's just me but all the buttions like profile, search, how-tos is not where it should be, it's hanging off the right of the screen. Sad
Brent Grolla

Please correct me if I am wrong.
What soldier....?
it seems you cannot add an answer after the quote....just before it...
or is that my computer being difficult...
It fits ok on my browser, although the page is not quite central, with a larger gray area to the right.....I have my screen settings at 1024x768 on IE6
It looks a lot better in Mozilla Firefox....version 1.5.0.4
Quote:
Vortigern Studies:3svmkhta Wrote:Still love the colours, but I still think the banner is too big and it still won't fit my screen. Cry
I agree; the banner is too large. I think that reducing the size of the soldier will help.
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:What soldier....?
The soldier has left. He was a nice chap. I hope he returns, a bit smaller in size.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Great Job Big Grin lol:
It just needs to be centered a wee bit more for my browser...
To change your mind and to follow him who sets you right is to be nonetheless the free agent that you were before. (Marcus Aurelius)

LVCIVS VALERIVS HOMVLVS
(Clayton Braswell)
Quote:it seems you cannot add an answer after the quote....just before it...
or is that my computer being difficult...
It fits ok on my browser, although the page is not quite central, with a larger gray area to the right.....I have my screen settings at 1024x768 on IE6
It looks a lot better in Mozilla Firefox....version 1.5.0.4
I can...(with FF). If anyone has such technical problems, please give me as much info as possible about how to repeat the problem. Seems very unlikely it's caused by the new layout, but you never know.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
looks nice!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Salve Jona,

I agree with you, I want the legionary back but in a smaller size. And I face the same problem, can write my answer only before the quote not after it.

Quote:
Quote:What soldier....?
The soldier has left. He was a nice chap. I hope he returns, a bit smaller in size.
It all looks fantastic to me. Thanx. Big Grin
** Vincula/Lucy **
Hi everyone-

Yes, I have been working on making the forum match the new design of RomanArmy.com

Up until late yesterday, the design was still very much under construction, so a lot of your comments are now irrelevant-- I may have changed or fixed your problem since then.

Yes, the solider went away-- I'm afraid he's just too tall to look good on the forum, and yes I tried shrinking him a lot, but he doesn't look good at all at a very small size, especially since he needs to match up with the background hills. I decided for compatibility reasons, it's better just to get rid of him altogether.

Now then, if anyone STILL has problems, I would like to hear about them -- but please only those related to the new design! If you're having trouble with other issues, you can pm Jasper about those.

When you make a report, please let me know not only the operating system you're using, but also your screen resolution and the version of your browser. Be as specific as possible. For example, IE 6 is a lot different under windows XP service pack 2 than under the original OS. Knowing these things make a difference.

Bear in mind I'm going for the best AVERAGE user experience here-- that is that everyone can view the forum without serious problems and can get around and do what they need to do -- I cannot promise a PERFECT looking site in every browser. It's just almost impossible to make a site look exactly the same everywhere. This is especially true on a site as complex as RAT is and with such a limited development team (me). My main goals are to make the site look good in the most recent edition of IE 6 and in the most recent version of Firefox. If you have a VERY old browser, I'm sorry I can't be held responsible for that. I can only test and code for so much backwards compatibility.

I wish browsers did everything all the same, but more often than not some **coughcoughIE6coughcough** don't want to play by everybody's rules. Making websites is all about achieving the balance that causes a site to look DECENT in the most possible browsers.

Anyway, sorry about the grumbling-- it's my job to do this of course, and it's nobody's fault, but sometimes get cross-browser compatibility can drive me up the wall. Tongue
-Christy Beall