Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CGI Thermopylae
Thermopylae fought on a bridge, to show just the Spartans were up against......Thermopylae music too....
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:Thermopylae fought on a bridge, to show just the Spartans were up against......Thermopylae music too....

Sorry Arthes, but I did post it earlier! :lol: Here

We think alike! :lol:

BTW: Yes weird they put them at a bridge?

That make look the Spartan as dumnies!

Why they would crossed the bridge to meet their death?!

Of course this not happened like that! :wink:

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
NATURALLY you're both right!

What a stupid idea, putting them to cross a bridge!
Any military personel (in low or high rank) knows, that CROSSING a bridge is suicide!

In a PC strategy game that I'm playing like mad ("Rome: Total War"), every time that I'm fighting in a battlefield with a bridge, I'm ALWAYS waiting and CRASHING the enemy that attacking me!

I played in the older version of the game ("Medival: Total War"), the famous Scotish victory against the English in Stirling Bridge, under William Wallace...
I had... BETTER resaults from the original ones! Big Grin

(BTW - I made in 3D FORMAT, the original - by ancient maps - area of Thermopylae battle. I add also the proper texture of the Greek country and... I've got in 3D the actual battlefield, to put on my 3D models of Spartans & Persians!)
aka Romilos

"Ayet`, oh Spartan euandro... koroi pateron poliatan... laia men itin provalesthe,
...dori d`eutolmos anhesthe, ...mi phidomenoi tas zoas. Ouh gar patrion ta Sparta!
"
- The Lacedaimonian War Tune -
Ok... check this out:

Thermopylae's Battle maps & my topographic draw (right-down):

[Image: smapsmytopographicdrawpz1.th.jpg]

And here is my first rendered 3D screen of the battlefield:

[Image: thermopylaeterrainfirstrenderks7.th.jpg]

You watching, from PERSIANS' view point; you can see the OPENING that Persians were maneuvered BEFORE the "impact", you watching the point that the path GETTING REALLY tight (when I'll place the Phocean Wall - MIDDLE wall) - in front of that, the Spartans will be place, you watching the brief chasm (over the sharp rocks of the shore), when the Persians fall and died, you watching the mountain over the Greek post, the narrow path between the chasm & the mountain... everything.
That you CAN'T see (in this screen) is the "Apopaea's Path" BEHIND the mountain, when Ephialtes lead the Immortals behind the Greek lines (also made in 3D format, but can't be seen here)...

Is it interesting?
aka Romilos

"Ayet`, oh Spartan euandro... koroi pateron poliatan... laia men itin provalesthe,
...dori d`eutolmos anhesthe, ...mi phidomenoi tas zoas. Ouh gar patrion ta Sparta!
"
Thanks Romilos!

I was about to asked you that! Smile

Wow! the second picture below looks scarry... I wonder how many Persian had fall down there?! :lol:

If you wouldnt had post it I wouldnt know how it look like!.

I see something here at this Video of the site of the new 300 spartans movie...

I wonder if its still visible the ancient gate ruins down there?

Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Thanks!

You SHOULD have to see the "Apopaea's Path" too, my friend! Generally, I found an... "easy" way (sort of!), to re-create ANY battlefield.
I did Marathon's Battle too!

Check this out - Marathon's Battle! Here:

[Image: sbattleloadingscreenqf3.th.jpg]

All these, above and that one, are for loading screens, for the Ancient Greek mod that I was working with, "Hegemonia: City-States" (for "Rome: Total War")...
Of - this course, there are several NOT ACCURATED "elements", like the banner-bearer (totaly wrong banner was for religion festivals). But we used a unit carring a banner, so...
You can see MILTIADES (OF COURSE in the first row, far left - the first Hoplite in whites), you can see the ACCURATED time (dawn of 12th Semptember 490 BC - about 05:00), the accurated landscape (they are marching, leaving behind them the hills and the "Herakleion" temple...
That YOU CAN'T see... are the Plataeans; because they are in the LEFT FLANK (out of screen) and because... we DIDN'T made them yet, when I did that screen...

Unfortunatelly, the rest team (and specially, a teenager that is "playing" the... "history advisor") are CRAP, so I left them! PITTY!!!

Cheers...

P.S.: All these Athenians, are 3D models, with SKINS of mine (I made... 80 and "copy-paste" them!), and then... LOTS of visual effects on them and on the sceen...
aka Romilos

"
Wow! look delicious! Big Grin

I'm sorry about the bad thing in your last job! Sad

I hope you can find another way to not waist your talent as I did, you would regret it!

Quote:I hope you can find another way to not waist your talent as I did, you would regret it!

Come on, pal. You are... YOUNGER than me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway... We'll see (I'm NOT gonna let that project to be ruin! I'll make ALL the proper changes and RE-RELEASE it again, in a... "Gold Edition"! HAHAHAHAHA!)

Anyway... I enjoyed VERY MUCH, of making SO MANY "Linothorax" designs and "Muscular-type" too! I kicked my butt, but it worth the hard job...
aka Romilos

"
Check this...
That was my FIRST attempt to skin a Spartan "Heppeis" (the model was CRAP - you can see the pathetic "Bell-type" cuirass):

[Image: heppeislupusnew01tm4.th.jpg]

These are EARLY Tegean Hoplite Phalanx ("DF's" skins/models, my shield design):

[Image: 52200631342ku2.th.jpg]

These are EARLY Lacedaimonian "Skiritai" (Special Forces - here as skirmish - "DF's" skins/models, my shield design and historic advice) and the HOLE Spartan army, with Helots' javelin men too:

[Image: inbattlehoplitelacedaimonarmy13lp1.th.jpg]

Damn! It's a SO promising mod; I don't want to see it destroyed!

aka Romilos

"
Strange coincidence, I watched that very Thermopylae movie today before checking this thread. I rather like the skin they've used for the Spartans, despite the lamtha and cloak, although I can hardly see it. But it seems stupid that he included the cavalry in there, of course there wasn't enough room for them to be used effectively at Thermopylae and therefore they weren't used at all.

Rome: Total War is a very fun game, but I don't like how it's well, centred around the Romans. Tongue I was really looking forward to Hegemonia to make up for this fact, but now it looks like it's going to be a disappointment. I would really like to see the new Spartan models though, just to laugh at them.
[Image: parsiaqj0.png]
[size=92:7tw9zbc0]- Bonnie Lawson: proudly Manx.[/size]
"Zenodoros", my friend, even if I've LEFT the "Hegemonia" mod, I'm STILL in the "corner" and checking, to see when this... crappy job will done; then, I'll TAKE CARE of it, I'll asking advices from STEFANOS too and I'll make the SERIOUS changes that needs, to make it GREAT!

I'm watching... like a good sniper... to act when it must!
aka Romilos

"
Well, I hope it turns out good, because I'm really looking forward to it. I like Rome: Total War but it's just too late in the timeline to have civs that I really like, the Greeks probably shouldn't even be in that game to begin with since it goes from 270BC-14AD.
[Image: parsiaqj0.png]
[size=92:7tw9zbc0]- Bonnie Lawson: proudly Manx.[/size]
Believe me buddy, this mod COULD BE FANTASTIC; but now, ONLY... pathetic!
I know, believe me! It's not ONLY the units' look (which they're NOT accurated much!) but the most important: THE CODE!

They... F**KED up the code, man!

aka Romilos

"