Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
roman cavalry in sports equipment
Does anyone know of any manufacturer that produces a 25mm roman cavalry in sports equipment figure?<br>
<br>
Or an army of Mithridates range?<br>
<br>
Mike Burns <p></p><i></i>
None that I know of in plastic, lead isn't my area.<br>
<br>
But I haven't even seen any obscure Russian plastic manufacturer make that.<br>
<br>
Dunno about the second. <p></p><i></i>
For Mithridatic figures it's probaby worth asking on the Fanaticus boards - fanaticus.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi - if any one makes them someone there'll know.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
25mm, The RAFM Roman Cavalry figure could be converted into a "Sports" armor figure with minor work. I don't know if it is available.<br>
<br>
You might contact Naismith. Some of their figures might work, www.navwar.freeserve.co.u...htm#ROMANS has a listing.<br>
<br>
www.wargames-figures.com/shop/Manuf.htm also might be able to help you find a suitable figure.<br>
<br>
Most figures now are "28mm", however. Old Glory, Inc. didn't have any that I remember, but their line is continually being updated.<br>
<br>
Wargames Foundary has some Roman figures that look very nice but aren't exactly in parade armor with feathers and untipped javelins and all....<br>
www.wargamesfoundry.com/textlist/ir.asp<br>
<br>
You could commission a figure from www.eurekamin.com.au/<br>
<br>
or maybe even from Wargames Foundary, if you can show them how it would sell enough to meet their break even point.<br>
Foundary is located at Nottingham, UK telephone 0115 841 3237 open 9:00am to 5:30pm <p></p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
i'd love some Roman cav in sports equipment. foundry are down to only one scylptor at the moment apparently, everyone else has jumped ship for various reasons, but they've got a massive back log including New imperial Romans. <p></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
Too Right!<br>
I have made attempts at conversions in the past but not really adept at it. It would be nice to see these made by a really good sculptor, such as at foundry - discernable details would really make them stand out. I did visit the Eureka site and viewed their page on the 100 figures ordered and they'll design one (great idea!) Only trouble is I dont think I'll need 100 of them, and the other is, I'm not how good Eureka figures are. Anyone seen or own any?<br>
<br>
As far as the Mithridatic army, it seems this falls prey to there not being an illustrated study of this army, which many figure ranges emerge from. In fact I dont know of any published work specifically on Mithridates army.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Mike Burns <p></p><i></i>
Foundry lost a few due to thier decision to go into fantasy, the Perry Brothers had to leave last year because of this, thier contract with Games Workshop says they can do whatever they want in historicals as long as the company they are freelancing for doesnt compete with GW's fantasy/sci fi lines<br>
<br>
most of the others for the foundry have been freelancers, so thats one of the reasons many lines were never finished<br>
Dave <p></p><i></i>
which is really a shame, because i never was 'into" Foundary Fantasy. except those nymphs migh change my mind, hubba hubba <p>"Just before class started, I looked in the big book where all the world's history is written, and it said...." Neil J. Hackett, PhD ancient history, professor OSU, 1987</p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Dude, <em>28mm</em> gnomy nymphs? <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Their elven city guard are actually quite nice, if rather static. They're huge though <p></p><i></i>
8)

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Those miniatures form DeAgostini are from other manufactures. I see at least 2 from Andrea Miniatures.

personally i know only the compagny Krauthauser who makes cavalry in sports armour, but those are 54mm.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.