Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing HaT figures from tree
Hello,<br>
I notice that these fivures are difficult to remove and have a large bump of residue at the bottom of the base of the figure. I have been told that heating is not a good method for these though I wonder why that would be true. removing them by twisting and then filing down the bum on the base is a lot of work. Any advise? Any info that it is OK to heat the junction of the base and tree then remove?<br>
thanks,<br>
Jeff <p></p><i></i>
Getting heat near a plastic figure is a very unwise idea. The amount of heat needed to melt away a blob will surely melt small detail a little further on the figure. Twisting may damage the figure, especially the softplastic ones, they twist all over!<br>
Your best shot is using a sharp side cutter, cutting close to the figure. The rest may be cut off with a sharp modelling knife. <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Thanks Jasper, I'll acquire a side cutter and give that a shot. The old Airfix figures seemed to come off well with only a little sanding necessary to make the base flush. I like the improved quality of the HaT figures though. thanks again. <p></p><i></i>
A small, sharp knife (mainly, my trusty multi-tool) is all I use, though you could use sandpaper for finishing it down to be perfectly flat.<br>
<br>
Really, the tree's old below the base is no big thing. Clip it out somehow and go to town with your trimming knife.<br>
<br>
If the sprue is somewhere else...it can get hairy. The tree's hold on spears and such is a pain for me. You can't use heat, or it'll bend the spear. In that case, sandpaper is your best bet, as the plastic is too fine and flexable to use the knife on.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>