Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of known helmets and their whereabouts
Hilary:

Must be slipping here. Did you send me your list? If you did - did I thank you for it? (If not, I apologise for my rudeness!) I have a vague memory of sending you a disc with my database thereon. You may need an update as I've added a lot since then as well as making some corrections and including two more indices.

Don't worry about whether the 'Spanish' helmets were Roman or Iberian - doesn't matter in the slightest. It's most unlikely that (in the absence of names scratched somewhere on the things) we can tell who they were used by anyway. What matters is that they fall into one group or the other and this will give us more and better information as to what these things were like (weight, size, manufacturing methods, time span or use, etc.) The Iberian helmets are very interesting because they form a somewhat well-defined group. Regrettably, most of them remain unpublished and (owing to the poor distribution of Spanish publications) unavailable to the rest of us.

BTW, my own database of helmets is now approaching 500. Any advance anyone? (Winner gets a bag of Dolly Mixtures!) :lol:

Caratacus (Dr. Mike Thomas)
visne scire quod credam? credo orbes volantes exstare.

Messages In This Thread
helmet list - by claudia crisis - 08-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Re: helmet list - by Cornelius Quintus - 08-31-2006, 02:55 PM
helmet list - by claudia crisis - 08-31-2006, 03:30 PM
helmet list - by claudia crisis - 09-01-2006, 10:25 AM
helmet database - by claudia crisis - 09-06-2006, 12:39 PM
photos - by Caius Fabius - 10-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Re: List of known helmets and their whereabouts - by Caratacus - 04-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Re: helmet list - by praefectus castrorum - 04-01-2009, 08:38 PM