Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brace yourselves... LAST LEGION (late Roman film)
Quote:After seeing The Last Legion I thought it couldn't get any worse, but I was wrong.
Amazons and Gladiators was on tv here last night, so I taped it. Big mistake Cry

The story is set around 70AD.
Julius Caesar and Marcus Licinius Crassus somehow managed to be still alive by that time.
Much worse than that however, is their description of Crassius: 'a veteran of the Punic wars, who had captured Spartacus'. That would mean he'd be more than 200 years old (assuming they meant the 3rd Punic war...)
Crassus gained too much influence in Rome, so Julius Caesar banishes him from the city by appointing him as governor of the province of 'Pannae'. :roll:

The costumes were awful too (though a lot better than those in The Last Legion). More than half of the Roman legionaries fought without shields.
The fighting scenes looked like it was the first time they ever held a sword...

The narrative at the end of the movie: 'Due to repeated invasions from the Amazons, Vandals, Visigoths and Huns, the Roman Empire soon fell'.
Hm, more than 400 years later, that's soon indeed.

I love that movie!!! It's great because it's so terrible. It is one of the greatest bad Roman movies ever :lol:

LOL General Crassius is wearing a copy of the helmet Maximus wore in the arena. But they added some spikes to it too make it different. :lol:
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be

Messages In This Thread
last legion - by Graham Sumner - 06-12-2006, 10:35 PM
movies - by Graham Sumner - 09-20-2006, 11:16 AM
A better movie by far - by Caius Valens - 09-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Bold Admission - by Primitivus - 09-23-2006, 05:03 PM
new film - by brennivs - tony drake - 06-22-2007, 11:06 PM
paraphrasing Demetrius - by Goffredo - 08-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Re: Brace yourselves... LAST LEGION (late Roman film) - by Marcus Mummius - 08-19-2007, 05:18 PM
last legion - by dave - 10-20-2007, 08:08 PM
wasted legion - by dave - 10-21-2007, 01:25 PM