Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That\'s it, folks... I\'ll have a go at making a linothorax!
Quote:
lupus:1uw96mnx Wrote:Damn! This must be VERY expensive to do, fellows! Re-making weapons/armors and such...
I was like to buy the Arwen's sword (from "LOTR" Trilogy's movies) and here in Athens, it costs... 580 EUROS!!! When the common salary is 500 EUROS!!!

Man! I would SO MUCH to get a FULL Lacedaimonian equipment of 5th century ("Corinthian" helmet with an officer's side-long plume, a "Kodonoschemus" cuirass, a pair of greaves, a "leaf" shape classic sword and... the "Hoplon")!!!
It would be a FINE decoration for my living-room!

LUCKY YOU!

Indeed and then, whenever you heard the call to arms, you could take the whole panoply OFF the wall and get your body OUT of the living-room, with said panoply ON said body, and do something useful with it!

Syndicatearmoury have now produced bronze helmets and greaves. They should be available in the next year and I think the price will be reasonable. Movie replica swords are generally expensive and good-looking rubbish.

You can relieve some of the economic pressure by making elements of your kit yourself. Then you can stop playing board games or the couch potato* and come and play with the rest of us.

(* I don't suppose you really are one, but if you sit around gazing lovingly at a panoply which stays on the wall, you will surely become one!)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Nice put, English fellow! Hahaha!... Yea, I'm "close" to be a... rusty panoply and they should close me in a closet with a label "Open in SERIOUS circumstances"!!!

I would LOVE to see an on-line store, selling Classic Hellenic "replicas"!
And if the prices are reasonable, I WILL order a full-Spartan equipment!

About the last one, my lad... I'm WAY FAR from you to come and join you in your weekend's "games", don't you think? 5-6 hours away with PLANE!
How can I possibly come there easily?
Hmm, maybe next year when I'll make a long trip to Scotland & Ireland, I'll come!
aka Romilos

"Ayet`, oh Spartan euandro... koroi pateron poliatan... laia men itin provalesthe,
...dori d`eutolmos anhesthe, ...mi phidomenoi tas zoas. Ouh gar patrion ta Sparta!
"
- The Lacedaimonian War Tune -

Messages In This Thread
Re: That\'s it, folks... I\'ll have a go at making a linothorax! - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Re: That\'s it, folks... I\'ll have a go at making a linothorax! - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Re: That\'s it, folks... I\'ll have a go at making a linothorax! - by lupus - 07-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Mooooooan - by Arthes - 07-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Re: Mooooooan - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 07-16-2006, 10:31 PM